Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons at the JCC Indianapolis
The JCC offers personalized swim lessons and custom half-hour class time for swimmers of all ages and abilities seeking personalized attention to meet their specific aquatics objectives. All swim classes are open to non-members.
Appeals to Many
- Adults aged 25 and older who never learned to swim.
- Swimmers and divers who are looking to increase their competitiveness.
- Non-swimmers preparing for a vacation near water.
- Those who fear the water.
- Young children who are looking to gain confidence in the water.
Although private and semi-private swim lessons are for any age and ability, those who tend to take them are those who want more specialized attention, for example:
Benefits of Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons
- Lessons Tailored to Your Needs – swim classes are customized to the individual’s goals, from overcoming a fear of water to training for an ironman competition.
- Individualized Attention – private lessons are one-to-one and semi-private are for 2-3 participants.
- Quality of Life – completing swim lessons boosts confidence in and around water.
What to Expect
The JCC provides any equipment that may be needed for these private swim classes. You just need to arrive with your towel and wearing a swimsuit or designated swimwear. Goggles and/or a swim cap may be required; your instructor will let you know before class.
The JCC offers private swim lessons during open swim times year-round. Each lesson is a half hour long. Please note that there is currently a wait list for private swim lessons. To reserve a spot, please contact Cody at canacker@JCCindy.org who will provide availability and payment details. If we are unable to schedule you or you no longer wish to wait, you will receive a refund. Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
Half-hour sessions are sold individually. Please pay at the Welcome Desk or see below to register and pay online. Please note that payment is due before you can be scheduled. All swim lesson tickets expire one year after date of purchase.
To pay for lessons online in the J’s registration system called Daxko:
Make all your purchases in one system, using the card the JCC already has on file for you. Just sign in to your Daxko account, search for your program and register.
Daxko Login Tips:
- Use the email address or phone number associated with your JCC membership account
- Follow the prompts to log in or reset your password
- If you get locked out or if your email is tied to multiple accounts, call the Welcome Desk at 317-251-9467 or email info@JCCindy.org.
Individual ½ hour session: $40 ($25 for JCC members)
Five ½ hour sessions: $165 ($100 for JCC members)
Save when you purchase 10 sessions: $330 ($200 for JCC members)
Semi-Private Lessons (2-3 participants)
Individual ½ hour session: $30 per participant ($18 per participant for JCC members)
Five ½ hour sessions: $125 per participant ($75 per participant for JCC members)
Save when you purchase 10 sessions: $250 per participant ($150 per participant for JCC members)
Aquatics Are Central at the JCC
Learning to swim and aquatics are deeply rooted in Jewish values and culture. The JCC serves Jewish and non-Jewish audiences alike, as learning to swim is a universal value. Our aquatics program is integral to our community center, and we have built and maintained indoor, outdoor, competition-sized, and therapeutic pools. Our love of aquatics starts early with parent/child classes, continues with lessons for adults, and we offer arthritis and therapy classes for those well into their 90s.