- The JCC will be closed Friday, Nov. 11 for a staff retreat.
- Monday – Thursday: 6 am – 8 pm
- Friday: 6 am – 6 pm
- Saturday – Sunday: 7 am – 6 pm
On certain dates throughout the year, the JCC may have different operating hours. As a community center based on Jewish values and customs, we observe Jewish holidays. For more details about the holidays, visit our Jewish Holidays page.
|Labor Day||Monday, Sep 5||9 am–5 pm (Admin/ECE/ASC closed)|
|Erev Rosh Hashana||Sunday, Sep 25||Close at 3 pm (Admin/ECE/ASC closed; weekend)|
|Rosh Hashana 1st day||Monday, Sep 26||Closed|
|Rosh Hashana 2nd day||Tuesday, Sep 27||Closed|
|Erev Yom Kippur||Tuesday, Oct 4||Close at 3 pm|
|Yom Kippur||Wednesday, Oct 5||Closed|
|Erev Sukkot||Sunday, Oct 9||Close at 5 pm (Admin/ECE/ASC closed; weekend)|
|Sukkot 1st day||Monday, Oct. 10||Closed|
|Sukkot 2nd day||Tuesday, Oct 11||Regular hours|
|Erev Shemini Atzeret||Sunday, Oct 16||Close at 5 pm (Admin/ECE/ASC closed; weekend)|
|Shemini Atzeret||Monday, Oct 17||Closed|
|Simchat Torah||Tuesday, Oct 18||Regular hours|
|Day before Thanksgiving||Wednesday, Nov 23||Close at 5 pm|
|Thanksgiving||Thursday, Nov 24||Closed|
|Day after Thanksgiving||Friday, Nov 25||Regular hours (Admin/ECE/ASC closed)|
|Erev Chanukah (1st candle)||Sunday, Dec 18||Regular hours (Admin/ECE/ASC closed; weekend)|
|Christmas Eve||Saturday, Dec 24||Close at 5 pm (Admin/ECE/ASC closed; weekend)|
|Christmas Day/Chanukah (8th candle)||Sunday, Dec. 25||9 am–5 pm (Admin/ECE/ASC closed; weekend)|
|Christmas (observed)||Monday, Dec 26||Regular hours (Admin/ECE/ASC closed)|
|New Year’s Eve||Saturday, Dec 31||Close at 5 pm (Admin/ECE/ASC closed; weekend)|
|New Year’s Day (2023)||Sunday, Jan 1||9 am–5 pm (Admin/ECE/ASC closed; weekend)|
|New Year’s (observed)||Monday, Jan 2||Regular hours (Admin/ECE/ASC closed)|
For weather and other emergency alerts, see our Alerts page and/or please subscribe to the JCC’s mobile app for iOS and Android. When time permits, we may also send an email message. Please note that members who have opted out of email communications would not receive these alerts.
When deciding about closings or delays due to inclement weather, the JCC takes into consideration the safety and security of both members and staff.
- When Marion County and/or the City of Indianapolis declares an emergency and closes roads except for emergency vehicles only, the JCC will be closed–the facility, programs, and any rentals.
- Individual programs may have specific policies for inclement weather.
- Parents of children in our early childhood education program and afterschool care programs may subscribe to a mobile app called Remini.
- Our youth sports programs and our youth and adult tennis program follow Washington Township School District for delays and closing.
- For example, if Washington Township Schools have a delay until 10 am, then any tennis classes, including adult tennis classes, with a start time prior to 10 am will be considered canceled and a make-up or refund assigned.
- For weekends in which Washington Township Schools are not open, please refer to the JCC’s overall weather policy.
Areas that follow overall building hours include:
- The Mordoh Fitness Center
- Tennis courts
- Racquetball courts
- Basketball courts
- Art Gallery
Please note that as a rule, swimming pools and the water park close 15 minutes earlier than the building closes on weekdays and 30 minutes on weekends and holidays. Please check schedules for the following pools:
Please visit our Schedules page for programming and open hours for the Cohen (big) and Schloss (small) gyms.
- Early Childhood Education program: Monday–Friday, 8 am–5 pm
- Afterschool Care: Monday–Friday, 2:30–6 pm
- Summer Camp (in season): Monday–Friday, 8 am–5 pm