Internships at the JCC Indianapolis
The JCC Indianapolis has opportunities for post-secondary students to obtain worthwhile experience in a variety of areas: Health and fitness programming and management for those studying the field of exercise science, Membership sales and service experience for those pursuing a degree in hospitality, Real-world experience in the fields of Finance, Communications/Marketing, and HR for those pursuing related degrees, and Early childhood education.
Benefits of Working with Us
- Job experience. Job listings often describe requirements such as education and minimum job experience.
- Mentorship. We’re all about community, so an internship here will be one in which you will grow as a person as well as a professional.
- Build a strong resume. After completing an internship at the J, you’ll have concrete examples and a portfolio of accomplishments.
- Secure good references and recommendations. Your JCC supervisor will be available as a reference for when you begin or continue your job search.
- Get credit for your internship. Our early childhood education program works with Ivy Tech and Marian University as an accepted internship provider.
Our Commitment to DEIA
The JCC of Indianapolis, guided by Jewish values and traditions, believes in fairness, recognizes the value of inclusiveness, and encourages participation by all people to fulfill its mission to provide inclusive experiences that lead to personal growth and community building. The JCC celebrates a diverse society of cultures, beliefs, and perspectives whose knowledge strengthens us as an organization and a people.
About the JCC
Situated on the 40-acre Max and Mae Simon Jewish Community campus, the JCC is a $7 million non-profit community center employing 150 full-time, part-time, and seasonal staff.
- Respect: For each other and the people we serve.
- Gratitude: We believe gratitude helps us feel more positive emotions, relish good experiences, improve our health, deal with adversity, and build strong relationships.
- Communication: With our co-workers to build a more unified, well-informed, and empowered staff.
- The Golden Rule: We treat others as we would like to be treated.
- Ownership/Accountability: For our actions, our work, and our commitment to each other.
As a team, we uphold the following values: