Deep Water HIIT Classes at the JCC Indianapolis
FREE FOR MEMBERS
Deep Water HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) is exercise conducted while suspended in the deep end of the pool at JCC Indianapolis, alternating between bursts of high intensity output and moderate activity intervals. Participants exercise all muscle groups using the resistance and buoyancy of water and the resistance of their hand weights.
Appeals to Many
- Men and women looking for a deep-water workout. This is a great pool workout for athletes.
- Those looking to lose weight.
- Men and women who want an aerobic workout that doesn’t put stress on joints.
Although Deep Water HIIT is for those 18 and older, those who attend most often include:
Benefits of Aqua Mobility Exercise
- Water supports the body, putting less stress on your joints and muscles while providing resistance for building strength.
- The impact of gravity is less in the water, allowing for a greater range of motion.
- Pushing the water during movement helps raise your cardio effort, increasing caloric burn without putting stress on your joints. Participants can expect to build, strengthen, and tone muscles.
- A deep-water workout can improve your cardiovascular and respiratory system in the same way as cycling or running. Water is denser than air, so it provides about 12 times more resistance. That means the moves you do in the pool can work your entire body, particularly your arms, legs, shoulders, and core.
What to Expect from the Deep Water HIIT Class
Participants will use a pair of foam hand weights and wear a flotation belt for this deep-water workout. Equipment is available at the pool. Most of the workout is done in the deepest end of the pool.
Deep Water HIIT classes are free for JCC members as a benefit of membership.
Aquatics Are Central at the JCC
Learning to swim and aquatics are deeply rooted in Jewish values and culture. The JCC serves Jewish and non-Jewish audiences alike, as learning to swim is a universal value. Our aquatics program is integral to our community center, and we have built and maintained indoor, outdoor, competition-sized, and therapeutic pools. Our love of aquatics starts early with parent/child classes, continues with lessons for adults, and we offer arthritis and therapy classes for those well into their 90s.