About the JCC Indianapolis
For more than 100 years, the JCC Indianapolis has been a neighborhood and community resource in Indianapolis. From its start in 1914 in downtown Indianapolis at 23rd and Meridian as a place for Jewish immigrants to eat, shower and socialize to its current location on Hoover Road, the JCC has been dedicated to serving the Indianapolis community and responsive to its needs. As a people who know what it’s like to be excluded, it’s important to us that we truly embrace people of all backgrounds and faiths. For more than a century, the JCC has maintained a multi-generational, inclusive environment where all people can live, learn, play, and connect.
- Our Vision: The JCC of Indianapolis…Together, we inspire all people to become the best versions of themselves.
- Our Mission: The JCC of Indianapolis, guided by Jewish values and traditions, provides inclusive experiences that lead to personal growth and community building.
- Commitment (M’sirut): Providing the very best programming and services
- Community (Kehilla): Enriching our neighborhood and Jewish community, making them better
- Connections (K’sharim): Incorporating our Jewish values and ties to Israel
- Integrity (Yo’sher): Earning trust through excellence and ethical behavior
- Welcoming (Kabalat Panim): Engaging our members and guests with warmth and respect
- Wellness (Briyut): Offering healthy choices for improving the mind, body, and spirit
Diversity & Inclusion
The JCC of Indianapolis believes in fairness and recognizes the value of inclusiveness. We encourage participation by all people which fulfills our mission. The JCC celebrates a diverse society of cultures, beliefs, and perspectives that strengthens us as an organization and a people.
GuideStar Seal of Transparency
Our organization earned a 2022 Platinum Seal of Transparency on GuideStarUSA! Now our community, potential donors, funders, and key decision makers can tangibly see our commitment to financial accountability.
- Educating more than 100 infants through Pre-Kindergarten in our Level 3 Paths to Quality program using our wooded acres, playgrounds, and fitness center to provide stimulating and fun experiences.
- Serving 300 school-age children with after-school care and all-day summer camp.
- Providing swimming and tennis lessons for about 5,000 youth and adults.
- Offering about 50 author appearances, film screenings, performances, and art openings throughout the year.
- Employing 150 staff, including development of life skills for about 100 young adults who work as lifeguards or camp counselors each summer.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, funders, members, and partners, the JCC is a valuable resource, having a direct impact on the Greater Indianapolis community: