Stretch Lab Classes
FREE FOR MEMBERS
Stretch lab classes are the latest trend in what is classified as a recovery class. Stretch classes, as the name suggests, are all about setting aside dedicated time to stretch your muscles. Exercisers tend to focus on the workout but neglect the recovery. The intent of a stretch- and recovery-focused class is to place a strong emphasis on the more gentle, restorative parts of an exercise program. Start getting more flexible today at JCC Indianapolis!
Benefits of Stretch Labs
- Improve your performance in physical activities.
- Decrease your risk of injuries.
- Help your joints move through their full range of motion.
- Enable your muscles to work most effectively.
- Improve your ability to do daily activities.
A Stretch Class Is Best Suited for…
- Those who exercise regularly. Stretching and other recovery classes are a good choice for devoted exercisers who have a hard time penciling in rest days.
- A stretch class improves range of motion, increases flexibility, and relieves pain.
- Working professionals with sedentary jobs.
- Those recovering from an injury.
- Those training for a marathon or fitness competition.
What to Expect
Fitness Is a Core Jewish Value
At the JCC, fitness isn’t just something we do; it’s who we are. Although exercise is not mentioned in the Torah, taking care of one’s health is. In fact, while other belief systems advocate for the healing power of prayer, Judaism encourages people to look after their health and seek counsel from medical experts. In Judaism, good health is not a goal in itself; rather, it is a means to an end – to serve the Creator.