Pickleball Courts & Leagues at the JCC Indianapolis
This paddle sport combining tennis, badminton, and ping pong has taken over the nation! The JCC Indianapolis has a dedicated group of players who are always looking to welcome new faces into the fold for open play.
Or, if you’re looking for something more structured, the JCC partners with Circle City Athletics (CCA) to host two-on-two pickleball leagues on Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons (day subject to change based on gym availability and registration numbers).
Benefits of Adult and Youth Pickleball
- The small court size means the ball is in play longer (and the volleys are fast and furious), but you don’t have to move very far to hit it.
- The soft wiffle ball and solid, but lightweight, paddle combined with the game’s underhand serve ensure your arms stay fresh for the duration of play.
Pickleball is a low-impact sport, so while you’ll definitely get a workout, the potential for injury is limited. Get your aerobic exercise in without straining your muscles or putting stress on your joints.
What to Expect from Pickleball
For JCC open play, all participants ages 11+ are welcome, no matter your level of experience. CCA leagues are for ages 19+.
Pickleball is held in the Cohen (big) Gymnasium. While the gym is 6,664-square-feet (high school regulation size), an indoor pickleball court is 880 square feet – meaning multiple games can happen at once!
Open play takes place on:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays: 10 a.m.-noon
- Tuesdays, Thursdays: 1-3 p.m.
- Saturdays: Noon-2 p.m.
- Sundays: 4-6 p.m.
CCA two-on-two leagues run for eight weeks. Current and upcoming sessions include:
- Wednesday, Jan. 12 – March 2 (games at 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.)
- Sunday, Jan. 9 – March 6 (games at 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.)
- Sunday, March 13 – May 15 (no play April 17 or May 8; games at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.)
JCC pickleball play time is available for free as a benefit of membership.
For CCA leagues, individuals are $78 each. Full teams may place a $73 deposit for a full price of $146. Register now on the Circle City Athletics (CCA) website.
For open play, the JCC has a set of pickleballs that are stored at the Welcome Desk. All other equipment (paddles, etc.) is player-provided.