Become a Member at the JCC Indianapolis
The Arthur M. Glick JCC of Indianapolis is more than a building – we’re a community. A neighborhood. A place where you can be, and become, the best version of yourself. As an all-inclusive community center, we welcome everyone. All ages, abilities, and levels.
Are You Ready?
If you’re ready to get back in shape, we’re ready with our Mordoh Fitness Center featuring an indoor walking/running track, Group Exercise studio, cycling studio, free weights, and safe, clean cardio and strength equipment – treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, stair-steppers, rowing machines, even a Jacob’s ladder.
If you’re ready for your kids to have social interaction with their peers in a safe learning environment, we’re ready with early childhood education, afterschool programming, and summer day camp.
If you’re ready to get yourself and your family back to enjoying the water or learning to swim, the JCC offers indoor and outdoor community pools, aquatics group classes, swim lessons, and specialty aquatics programs.
If you’re ready for quality entertainment, to enjoy award-winning authors, films, and performances in the comfort of your living room or increasingly, safely in-person, we’re ready with our arts programming.
Whatever you need to get back to living life, safely and healthfully, we’re ready. Are you?
We’re Ready for Summer!
Become a JCC member between Sat, April 15 through Wed, May 31 (just in time for summer!) and you won’t pay a join fee! That’s a $99 savings.
Current members: If you refer someone new during this period, you get half off your next month’s dues!
Below are the types of community memberships we offer and the associated community center membership costs are as follows:
- Family (2 adults + up to 3 dependent children who reside in the same household): $102/month.
- Single Parent Family (1 parent household with up to 3 dependent children): $77/month.
- Single Adult (1 adult between the ages of 30 and 64): $61/month.
- Couple (2 adults residing in the same household): $93/month.
- Senior Adult (1 adult age 65 or older): $52/month.
- Senior Couple (2 adults residing in the same household, at least one is age 65 or older): $65/month.
- Young Adult (1 adult between ages 16 and 29): $35/month.
- Group Memberships (for service agencies such as group homes or special programs within hospitals): Contact membership@JCCindy.org for additional information.
- Family (2 adults + up to 3 dependent children who reside in the same household): $390
- Single Parent Family (1 parent household with up to 3 dependent children): $308
- Single Adult (1 adult between the ages of 30 and 64): $252
- Couple (2 adults residing in the same household): $359
- Senior Adult (1 adult age 65 or older): $222.
- Senior Couple (2 adults residing in the same household, at least one is age 65 or older): $267.
- Young Adult (1 adult between ages 16 and 29): $167.
Please note: Because of the way our system inputs “quarterly” memberships, early joins for summer memberships may appear to be active for the incorrect dates (i.e. early March through early June). They will be adjusted internally to be active May 27-Sep 4 (Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day), 2023.
Additional household members:
For any category, we offer an option of $40/month to add up to 3 children or one additional adult; nannies are $20/month
Receive a 3% discount on your membership dues by using an EFT bank draft instead of a credit or debit card!
The JCC welcomes Silver Sneakers, Renew Active, and Prime members (see next section).
The JCC accepts insurance from Renew Active by United Healthcare and SilverSneakers and Prime from Tivity Health. If you’re on one of these plans, your membership is fully covered.
To find out if you qualify, complete the form below.
To apply in person, we simply need your organization’s Health ID number (this is separate from your health insurance card).
Additional Members of Your Household
We offer upgrades for additional members in your household who are not on the same plan as you.
The JCC offers need-based scholarships and financial aid to provide an opportunity to all to become a member, regardless of financial status. Scholarships are available for memberships as well as many of our youth-based programs. The JCC takes into consideration individual circumstances and reviews each application independently. See our Scholarships page for more information.
Try us out for a week before committing to a monthly membership by filling out the form below!
"*" indicates required fields
Come check us out! You can always come to the facility during open hours and request a tour, but if you’d like to schedule in advance, fill out the form below.
- At the JCC, you’ll have easy access to everything you need to get, and stay, in shape – whether it’s fitness, swimming, tennis, youth programs, or arts. Total health – mind, body, and soul – is integral to basic Jewish values. It’s not a fad or phase; it’s a thousands-of-years-old practice of treating our bodies as receptacles of our souls. At the JCC, you’ll find others share your focus on health and fitness.
- You may not know anyone’s names, but you’ll recognize faces and people. And if you don’t, they’ll recognize you. At the JCC, you matter. If the Covid pandemic taught us anything it’s that connection is an essential component to living. You will be missed when you’re on vacation or have a change in schedule.
- The JCC offers a variety of options for you to engage and be a member of the community ̶ indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center, gyms and tennis and racquetball courts for fitness; a preschool, afterschool care, summer camp and sports leagues for youth; and an auditorium and art gallery for arts events.
Discounts on Programming:
- Members are eligible for discounts on classes, programs and services of about 20% or more.
FREE Fitness Orientation:
- Each JCC member has access to a personal fitness orientation. We love to match equipment and ideas to your goals, whether they be strength, cardio, flexibility, or weight loss. We know that if you’re seeing results, you’ll be motivated to continue and stay on a path to overall wellness.
FREE Group Exercise Classes:
- A JCC membership includes access to a variety of aquatics and land-based group exercise classes offered throughout each day. Visit our Group Exercise page for the current JCC Group Exercise schedule.
- Members at the J play pickleball for free. Visit our Schedules page to see the gym schedule for pickleball.
Steam and Sauna:
- The J’s Men’s and Women’s Adult locker rooms (for ages 16+) each have a steam room and sauna. In addition, the individual showers include a dressing area for added privacy.
Yoga/Pilates Specialty Classes:
Challah on Fridays:
- The JCC’s kosher kitchen bakes challah bread that’s for sale every Friday.
- We offer a variety of visual and performing arts and have a special niche in books and authors. For almost 25 years, our month-long Ann Katz Festival of Books & Arts features well-known authors, award-winning films, and performing arts events every fall.
- In addition to our arts festival, the J hosts many events, including Earth Day at the J. Visit our JCC Event calendar for our current events.
The JCC is pleased to welcome guests who are accompanied by a JCC member aged 18 or older. The member must be present at the Welcome Desk when the guest checks in. Guest pricing:
- Ages 12+: $15
- Ages 2-11: $10
- Under 2: Free
Passes may be purchased at the Welcome Desk. Or, for your convenience, purchase a Guest Pass online. Please remember to print or save a screenshot of your proof of purchase; this and your ID must be presented upon entering the JCC. A separate guest pass must be purchased for each guest.
The JCC reserves the right to restrict guest privileges if the facility is crowded.
Mordoh Fitness Center
With indoor track, cardio and strength equipment, free weights, boxing bags, kettlebells, and more, we have all the tools necessary to stay fit. Due to a fund established by a generous benefactor, the JCC is able to replace outdated equipment regularly.
Indoor Pools and Outdoor Water Park
Aquatics is one of the J’s specialties. We have indoor therapy and competition pools and an outdoor water park with three distinct pools/areas. Visit our JCC Pools page for more details on our community pools.
Larman Tennis Center
The JCC offers tennis year-round with three indoor and three outdoor tennis courts for lessons, leagues, tournaments, and rental.
The JCC’s large Cohen Gym hosts basketball leagues, open play, and pickleball. A smaller, Schloss Gym is used for youth programs in addition to leagues and open play.
Pilates Reformer Studios
The J has two reformer studios – one for group sessions and the other for private sessions for a low impact, full body workout using resistance from a system of springs and pulleys.
Pescovitz Dance Studio
A 1,000 square foot space featuring a Marley floor, floor-to-ceiling mirrors, and barres on three sides.
Weiner Cycling Studio
Featuring 20 top-of-the line Keiser bikes that are Bluetooth capable and offer a smooth ride.
For your convenience, memberships renew automatically each year. Should you wish to cancel at any time, we just need written notice at least 30 days prior to the first day of the month you wish to cancel. For example, to cancel a membership by June, written cancellation must be received by April 30.
When you rejoin, the $99 join fee applies to any renewing member.
I’m interested in the JCC, but I’m not Jewish.
- There is no requirement that our members be Jewish. In fact, most of our members come from other religious backgrounds. Everyone is welcome.
How much does a membership cost?
- There are several options depending on the makeup of your household. Feel free to talk with one of our Welcome Desk Staff about your specific needs and interests.
What are the hours the facility is open?
- Check our page on JCC Hours page for the most current hours, including holiday closings.
Can children participate in group exercise classes if their parents are present?
- It depends on the type of class and the age of the child. For classes like Zumba or classes that don’t involve weights, they should be at least 13, able to pay attention for the full length of the class, and not be disruptive. For cycling, they also need to be tall enough to adequately fit the bike. For classes that involve weights, we use the same guideline as using free weights—the child needs to be 16.
Where is lost and found?
- If you think you’ve lost an item, please check at the Welcome Desk. Items from Lost & Found are cleared the second Tuesday of every month and donated to a local charity.
What do I do if I need a refund from the vending machine?
- Please visit the Welcome Desk to report it.
Have another question?
- Contact us at (317) 251-9467 or info@JCCindy.org.
Please fill out the form below to request a membership cancellation. Note that we require a 30-day cancellation notice.
If you are interested in a donation from the JCC to support your event, silent auction, etc., please fill out the form below.