Hi Lo Aqua Aerobics Classes at the JCC Indianapolis
FREE FOR MEMBERS
Hi Low Water Fitness at the JCC Indianapolis is aqua interval training, a great cardio workout using the resistance of the water and water weights. Alternating between shallow water interval exercises and deeper water cardio, this class works to both tone and trim. All exercises can be adjusted for ability and swimming level. Once you start, you’ll have so much fun that you won’t want the class to end!
Appeals to Many
- Men and women ages 45 and older looking for a highly aerobic activity that doesn’t put stress on joints.
- Those looking to tone their muscles.
- Those looking for a class to help get healthier.
Although Hi Low Aqua classes are for all adults ages 18 and older, those who attend most often include:
Benefits of Hi Low Water Fitness
- Strength Building: Water is dense and provides 12 times more resistance than air to help build, strengthen, and tone muscles.
- Weight Management: Hi Low classes provide aerobic activity and resistance training while burning calories and fat to help maintain weight or aid in weight loss.
- Boosts Cardio Fitness: Hi Low aqua classes are a fantastic way to maintain or boost heart health without risking injury to your muscles and joints.
What to Expect
The JCC provides all equipment needed for this aquatic cardio class. You just need to arrive with your towel and wearing a swimsuit or designated swimwear. As none of the exercises involve swimming underwater, goggles and/or a swim cap are optional for this class.
The JCC offers Hi Low classes weekly year-round. Each class is an hour long. Check our Schedules page for group exercise dates and times, or download our mobile app for iOS or Android devices.
Hi Low classes are free for JCC members as a benefit of membership.
Aquatics Are Central at the J
Learning to swim and aquatics are deeply rooted in Jewish values and culture. The JCC serves Jewish and non-Jewish audiences alike, as learning to swim is a universal value. Our aquatics program is integral to our community center, and we have built and maintained indoor, outdoor, competition-sized, and therapeutic pools. Our love of aquatics starts early with parent/child classes, continues with lessons for adults, and we offer arthritis and therapy classes for those well into their 90s.