Careers at the JCC Indianapolis
The JCC Indianapolis believes in fairness, recognizes the value of inclusiveness, and encourages participation by all people to fulfill its mission to, guided by Jewish values and traditions, provide inclusive experiences that lead to personal growth and community building. The JCC celebrates a diverse society of cultures, beliefs, and perspectives whose knowledge strengthens us as an organization and as people.
“I love the opportunities”
- Feel respected by their peers and the management team.
- Feel valued by their peers and the management team.
- Have autonomy to do what needs to be done in providing excellent customer service to our donors, members, guests, and the community at large.
What ECE teacher Mollie loves about working at the J is all the opportunities in setting curriculum based on the amenities here – our gyms, the woods with all its walking trails, and the multiple playgrounds. Coming from a national chain of preschools, she is grateful for the autonomy she has here.
We could clutter this page with testimonials from our employees about what they like best about working here. The main themes are that our employees:
About Working at the JCC
Types of positions
The JCC is an $8 million non-profit community center employing 150 full-time, part-time, and seasonal staff. Situated on the 40-acre Max and Mae Simon Jewish Community campus, the JCC recruits qualified, customer-focused personnel to staff its:
- Early childhood education center for youth ages 6 weeks to Pre-K
- 20,000-square-foot Mordoh Fitness Center
- Regenstrief Indoor Competition-Sized Lap Pool
- Backer Therapy Pool
- Summer day camp for K-8th grade
- After-school care for K-5th grade
- Membership Sales and Service
- Larman Tennis Center with indoor and outdoor courts
- Cohen and Schloss gymnasiums
- Arts programs
- Facilities and housekeeping
- Administrative positions in Finance, Communications/Marketing, and HR
Benefits of Working with Us
- Free JCC membership
- Discounts on fee-based JCC Programs and Services*
- Health insurance*
- Retirement, 401(k)*
- Employer-paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance*
*full-time employee benefit
- Respect: For each other and the people we serve.
- Gratitude: We believe gratitude helps us feel more positive emotions, relish good experiences, improve our health, deal with adversity, and build strong relationships.
- Communication: With our co-workers to build a more unified, well-informed, and empowered staff.
- The Golden Rule: We treat others as we would like to be treated.
- Ownership/Accountability: For our actions, our work, and our commitment to each other.
As a team, we uphold the following values: