Water Park at the JCC Indianapolis
For those looking to escape Indiana’s summer heat and humidity, the JCC Indianapolis offers an outdoor water park with something for all ages at the Sid and Lois Eskenazi Water Park: a competition-sized swimming pool for lap swimmers and those looking to take a plunge into the deep end, a kiddie pool and splash pad for infants and toddlers, pool slides for kids and kids at heart, and peaceful floating for all ages along a lazy river!
- Cohen Outdoor Competition Pool: Whether you’re swimming competitively, looking to swim laps, or just learning to swim, this outdoor pool, named for Alan & Linda Cohen, is open to all who are looking for a refreshing dip in an aquatics park atmosphere.
- Mordoh Zero-Depth Pool: This kiddie pool, named for Leon Mordoh, is perfect for infants and toddlers ages 6 and younger with interactive play water features, a Star of David Splash Pad, and a 6-inch-deep Rainbow Pool for infants under 2 years of age.
- Biccard Lazy River: Our 300-foot-long lazy river, named for Adolph Biccard, makes the perfect leisurely ride through the heart of the water park.
- Water Slides: Enjoy either our 150-foot flume or 125-foot tube slide, a great attraction for kids (48″ or taller) and adults.
- Cantor River Island: This oasis, named for Dan and Katy Cantor, is located in the center of the water park offers views of the whole park. Stay cool under our 20-foot-wide shade umbrellas and relax on lounge chairs for poolside fun.
- J Café: The café provides light to fuller fare for those working up an appetite playing and splashing in the summer sun. There are outdoor areas with tables for eating, and we also have an indoor dining area.
The J’s Eskenazi Water Park boasts 389,000 gallons of water and more than 71,000-square- feet of distinct swimming and picnicking areas, including:
What to Expect When Visiting the Eskenazi Water Park
The Eskenazi Water Park is open each summer from Memorial Day to Labor Day to everyone in the community. Members may bring guests and we offer summer memberships.
The JCC provides chaise lounge chairs, 12-foot, heavy-duty, sun-blocking beach umbrellas for maximum shade from the summer sun, and single and double inner tubes for the lazy river. The infant/toddler area has interactive play features to keep little ones engaged in splashing, sliding, jumping, and swimming their way to fun. Plus, we have a Star of David splash pad for a barefoot-stomping good time.
The water park opens for the summer season around Memorial Day. Different areas may have different hours. For the complete schedule of all our outdoor as well as indoor pools, visit our Schedules page. Please Note: All areas of the Eskenazi Water Park close 15 minutes prior to the building closing on weekdays, and 30 minutes before building close on weekends, to allow time for showering and changing.
For real-time updates on closings and cancellations due to weather, join our Eskenazi Water Park group page on Facebook. We close the water park whenever we hear thunder or see lightning and keep the aquatics park closed for 30 minutes after the last thunder was heard or lightning seen. Based on the time of day and radar, we make a determination whether a full closure is necessary.
Our community water park is free for JCC members as a benefit of membership. Visit our online registration and membership tool for types of memberships, including summer memberships.
JCC members ages 18+ may bring guests to the JCC and the water park at a discounted rate. The member must be present at the Welcome Desk as the guest checks in. A separate guest pass must be purchased for each guest. Passes may also be purchased at the Welcome Desk.
- Ages 12+: $15
- Ages 2-11: $10
- Under 2: Free
For Guest Passes purchased online, please print or save a screenshot of your proof of purchase; this and ID must be presented upon entering the JCC.
The JCC reserves the right to restrict guest privileges if the facility is crowded.
The JCC has locker rooms and changing rooms available. The water park changing rooms may be used by individuals/families with opposite gender children under the age of 5. For those with children of the opposite gender ages 5+, we offer Family Changing Rooms which are gender-neutral and available to all whether a single individual or a family. The Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms are for members and guests ages 16 and older.
The JCC allows outside food, beverages, and coolers in designated areas. Please note that any items brought in must be respectful of our Jewish members, i.e., no shellfish or pork products. We ask that the area directly by the café be reserved for members who keep kosher.
All items sold in our café are kosher; food items are supervised under the Indianapolis Orthodox Board of Kashrus (IOBK).
The J Café menu features tasty treats including personal pizzas, soft-serve ice cream, nachos, an Impossible burger, seasoned fries and more!
The cafe is open in summer when the Water Park is open, from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
For everyone’s safety and enjoyment, the JCC asks all visitors to be aware of, and adhere to, our pool rules, established in accordance with the Indiana State Department of Health and Marion County Health Department. Failure to comply with these rules may result in removal from the facility and possible membership suspension. Additional rules may be implemented to ensure your safety.
- Health code requires swimmers to shower with soap before entering the pool. Swimmers must shower with soap again after using the bathrooms.
- Appropriate swim attire is required. Suits without a liner, athletic shorts, or cutoffs are not permitted.
- People with open sores and contagious skin conditions are not permitted in the pools.
- People who have had diarrhea in the past two weeks may not enter the pools.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- Adults must remain within arm’s reach of children who cannot swim.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or other responsible adult at all times.
- Your safety is our lifeguards’ priority. Please follow their instructions.
- Flotation devices must be Coast Guard approved or approved by a JCC manager.
- Food is permitted in designated areas only.
- Only plastic bottles of water are allowed on the pool deck.
- Please refrain from running, rough playing, spitting, spouting water through the mouth or nose, blowing the nose, or other similar behavior.
- All steps and ladders are for entering and exiting the pools only.
- In the Mordoh Zero-Depth Pool:
- The 6-inch deep Mordoh Infant Rainbow Pool is only for those under 2 years of age.
- The Zero-Depth Pool and Star of David Splash Pad are for children aged 6 and under.
- The required height to ride the large slides is 48 inches. Riders will be sent one at a time by the lifeguard on duty.
About Sidney and Lois Eskenazi
The Eskenazi name is well-known in central Indiana. Perhaps their most generous gift was $40 million to IU Health for the now-named Eskenazi Health and Hospital system, one of the largest essential health care systems in the United States. Sidney and Lois Eskenazi were students at Indiana University when a mutual friend introduced them.
The couple married, and in 1963, Sidney established Sandor Development Co., a successful real estate development company that became one of the tops in the nation, managing more than 70 properties in 23 states. Lois worked in healthcare as a medical and lab technician.
In addition to their many philanthropic gifts, the Eskenazis funded the development of the J’s water park, completed in 2003 thanks to their generosity.
Aquatics Are Central at the J
Learning to swim and aquatics are deeply rooted in Jewish values and culture. The J serves Jewish and non-Jewish audiences alike, as learning to swim is a universal value. Our aquatics program is integral to our community center, and we have built and maintained indoor, outdoor, competition-sized, and therapeutic pools. Our love of aquatics starts early with parent/child classes and continues with lessons for adults, and we offer arthritis and therapy classes for those well into their 90s.