Total Body BoxJUMP Classes at the JCC Indianapolis
FREE FOR MEMBERS
Get your heart rate up at the JCC Indianapolis by jumping and punching your way through this high-energy, high-intensity, cardio-heavy class that includes a jump rope workout and boxing exercise!
Benefits of Box Jump Exercise
- A good cardio workout while also working on lower-body strength training.
- It gets your heart rate up quickly, and your whole body is involved, requiring coordination between different muscle groups.
- It builds bone density by strengthening the muscles around the bones, specifically the legs. The impact that comes from landing also helps strengthen your bones and lower your risk of developing conditions like osteoporosis as you age.
- It improves coordination and agility. You have to pay attention when you jump rope and jumping in a repetitive pattern improves footwork and overall hand-eye coordination.
- It helps with balance. You have to keep your core fairly strong and keep your balance in check between each jump.
What to Expect
In our Total Body BoxJUMP class, you will be using jump ropes and punching bags. But more important is the vibe. There will be loud music, laughing, and cheering. More than most group exercise classes, this one requires participants to support each other.
These classes are free as a benefit of membership and are for JCC members only.
Visit our Schedules page for when we offer Total Body BoxJump.
JCC BoxJump Instructor
Tim Bass Sr. – In 2018, Tim suffered a heart attack at 53 years old. In the months following, he realized he needed to take his health into his own hands. It was around that time that he started his jump rope class at the JCC, and quickly started to add components like punching bags and weights. Now, the Total Body BoxJump class has a vibe entirely its own because of Tim’s personal dedication to it. Tim worked at Eli Lilly and Company for almost 30 years empowering, facilitating, and enhancing the customer experience. In his role as a Life Coach and Motivational Speaker, he empowers individuals, teams, and organizations to achieve their dreams and goals, particularly in the face of changing times and challenges. His passion is connecting with people of all backgrounds and ages, giving them the tools, encouragement, and the know-how to enable them to enhance their lives, both professionally and personally. For more about Tim and other personal stories, see our Blog.
Fitness Is a Core Jewish Value
At the JCC, fitness isn’t just something we do; it’s who we are. Although exercise is not mentioned in the Torah, taking care of one’s health is. In fact, while other belief systems advocate for the healing power of prayer, Judaism encourages people to look after their health and seek counsel from medical experts. In Judaism, good health is not a goal in itself; rather, it is a means to an end – to serve the Creator.