Donate to the JCC Indianapolis
The JCC Indianapolis is more than a building; we are an inclusive and diverse community of people of all ages and from all walks of life. Throughout the past year, donors and members have made it possible for us to: Serve more than 350 children in our preschool, afterschool care, and camp programs, provide swim lessons for more than 3,000 people and provide tennis programs for 500+ participants, entertain more than 1,500 people through our Ann Katz Festival of Books & Arts, and employ 150 staff.
Your Support Makes a Difference
Membership dues, tuition, and program fees alone do not cover the cost of maintaining a quality facility and programs.
That’s why we rely on people like you who believe in our mission and the vital role we play in the community. We need your support today to ensure our 115-year-old community center continues to remain viable for the next generations.
Todah Rabah (Thank You Very Much) in advance for your donation.
Please address any mailed donations to:
Arthur M. Glick JCC
6701 Hoover Road
Indianapolis, IN 46260
The Jewish value of tzedakah, or charity, is fundamental for building a good society. The directive is to “Be open-handed and freely lend him sufficient for his need in that which he lacks.” Another component of the value of tzedakah is to protect the dignity of the recipient; they in turn, should also exhibit tzedakah. There are many ways the J “pays it forward” to the community:
- J Cares Community Service Initiative, including the annual Turkey Drive:
The J Cares Turkey Drive provides hundreds of neighbors in need with the necessities to help offset the cost of their Thanksgiving meal. Gift cards will be distributed through partnering agencies who have identified deserving families. For just $36, your donation can help one of these families gather around a full Thanksgiving table.
Why $36? The number 18 symbolizes life (“chai”) in Judaism, so 36 is “double chai” — enrich someone else’s life, plus your own by doing a mitzvah (good deed)!
- The J gave out 88 camp weeks in scholarships to children who would otherwise not be able to attend
- In 2022, the J gave out 220 weeks in scholarships in our Afterschool Care program to provide an opportunity for children to attend.
Other Ways to Help the JCC
There are many ways you can support the JCC.
Join the J’s LIFE & LEGACY Society and pledge an amount (or a percentage or a remainder of your estate) for after you’re gone. Donors who make a planned gift in any amount with the JCC are recognized through membership in the LIFE & LEGACY Society. Visit our Donors & Sponsors page for a list of current LIFE & LEGACY Society members.
To discuss planned giving options, please contact Eric Koehler, CEO, at ehkoehler@JCCindy.org or (317) 715-9200.
Tribute gifts are a wonderful way to acknowledge a simcha, birthday, wedding, b’nai mitzvah, anniversary, graduation, or other life cycle event, or to honor or memorialize a loved one. Your contribution to tribute funds through honor and memorial gifts helps to build the funds’ income over time and provide critical funding for specific programs and services.
You may contribute to any fund, e.g., the Annual Campaign or choose from the more than 20 tribute funds listed below. The suggested minimum donation is $18.
When you give to a tribute fund, the JCC will send a personalized card to the individual or family that you designate, acknowledging your thoughtful tribute on their behalf.
- Adult Programs, Arts & Education
- Harriett Glazier Cultural Arts Fund: Cultural arts and education programs
- Helen & Art Barrett Senior/Adult Fund: Adult social, educational, and cultural programs
- Jules and Fay Dorfman Cultural Arts/Jewish Education Fund: Cultural arts and Jewish education programs
- Suzy Beeton Herring Memorial Dance Fund: Dance programs, education, scholarships, and capital improvements
- Board & Staff Development
- Ira Jaffee Leadership Fund: Board and new leadership development and training
- Marks Levy Staff Recognition and Development Fund: Board and new leadership development and training
- Fitness, Aquatics, Sports & Rec
- Harry Hochman Fund:
Fitness and wellness programs and equipment
- Morris “Amos” Nahmias Fitness & Wellness Program Fund:
For innovative fitness and wellness programs and staff development
- Samuel R. Cohen Cycling Fund:
Honor fund for cycling equipment maintenance, repair, cycling programs, events, and training
- Sports, Aquatics and Fitness Fund: Sports, aquatics, fitness, and wellness equipment and programs
- Steiman-Cameron Family Fund:
Funding of rehabilitation and wellness equipment for the back, heart and stroke; staff education for such rehabilitation
- Harry Hochman Fund:
- Sosin Family Fund: General operating needs for programs and supplies
- Alberta & Sherman Weinstein Cultural Arts Fund: Cultural arts programs for children
- Allen Katner Youth Soccer Fund: Memorial fund for equipment and uniforms for youth soccer
- Birdie Abrams Memorial Fund: Memorial fund for youth sports and Maccabi games
- B’nai B’rith Youth Organization Fund: BBYO programs
- David Nadler Youth Fund:
Memorial fund for youth and BBYO programs
- ECE Program and Equipment Fund: Early childhood education programming and equipment
- Kenneth “Kenny” Lambert Camp Scholarship Fund: Memorial fund for CampJCC scholarships
- Laura Rosenberg Children’s Resource Fund: Memorial fund for preschool and school age programs
- Morgan Tuition Assistance Fund: ECE, Afterschool Care/School’s Out Days, and CampJCC tuition assistance
Making a gift of appreciated stock can benefit you as well as the JCC. Donating stock you’ve held for more than 12 months avoids capital gains taxes on the increase in the stock’s value and allows you to receive its full, fair market value on the date of the gift. This is an excellent vehicle for stock that has appreciated substantially in value. Proceeds from the sale of your donated stock will be used to benefit the JCC.
To donate stock, please contact JCC CFO Cheryl Gatzmer at (317) 554-4909 or cgatzmer@JCCindy.org.
Designate the JCC when you shop at Kroger and they will donate a percentage of your purchase amount. There is no cost to you; it’s part of their corporate stewardship.
When you sign up for Kroger Rewards, select the JCC as your charity. Swipe your card or number at check out, and Kroger will donate a percentage of your purchases to the JCC. Simply visit Kroger Community Rewards to sign up.
Introduce a co-worker, family member, or friend to the JCC and receive 50% off your next month’s dues draft when they mention your name at sign up. Check out our current specials on the Membership page and send a personal note or invitation to those you know to help spread the word.
The JCC spends almost $100,000 each year in credit card processing fees. You can help us avoid that cost simply by choosing automatic withdrawal from your bank account (EFT). Stop by the Membership Desk today and let us show you how.
Many organizations in Indianapolis will match an employee’s charitable gift. Check with your company and double the impact of your gift to the JCC. Visit our Corporate Giving page for details.
Recent Funding Awards
Part of being good stewards means that the JCC seeks out and applies to foundations for grants and other funding. Visit our Donors & Sponsors page for some of our Recent Funding Awards.