Earth Day at the JCC Indianapolis
Join JCC Indianapolis on the front lawn and parking lot of the Max and Mae Simon Jewish Community Campus for PNC’s Earth Day at the J on Sunday, May 1 from 1-4 p.m. Please note that our celebration is not on the nationally designated day of April 22.
This free Earth Day festival is made possible by PNC with support from AES Indiana, Citizens Energy Group, and many others who share the common goal of protecting the earth and its resources. Participating organizations share the Earth Day belief that sustainability is the path to prosperity.
- The AES electric car show featuring Motor. Get a first-hand glimpse at the Tesla Model 3 and Model X, Audi E-Tron, and Chevy Bolt and see just how easy it is to start driving electric!
- All your favorite earth-friendly organizations will be here with interactive demonstrations and hands-on Earth Day activities centered around sustainability and going green.
- Arts with a Purpose, presented by the J’s Early Childhood Education department, will have hands-on visual activities for children of all ages. We will also feature music from Cathy Morris in Celebration Plaza.
- A beer garden sponsored by Sun King. Ash & Elm Cider will be on hand, too. Among the food trucks that will be on-site are NY Slice, Ritters Frozen Custard, and Java Brew Coffee.
- The WTTS street team will provide musical entertainment.
All Together Now!
More than 5,000 people of all backgrounds and faiths are expected to stop by and celebrate sustainability and going green. Now is the time for the unstoppable courage to preserve and protect our health, our families, and our livelihoods by investing in our planet. The event is FREE.
Sustainability Is a Core Value
A core Jewish value is tikkun olam, Hebrew for repairing the earth or making the world a better place. It is a natural fit for the JCC to celebrate this day as its signature event for the Indianapolis community.
Drive Electric: Make this the year for you to get up to speed on electric cars! AES Indiana | Motor has subscription plans that start with only a 30-day commitment. Motor’s Drive app makes it easy to select an electric car and schedule delivery without leaving the comfort of your home. For more information, visit the AES electric vehicle website.
Beer, Wine, and Cider Stations: In addition to an assortment of Indy’s best food trucks and entertainment, those 21 and older will be able to enjoy Sun King brews and hard cider and seltzer from Ash & Elm Cider!
Parking is available onsite at the JCC. The event is in front (west). And there will be ample parking available in back (east).
- 80 Acre Farm (free samples, coupons, etc.)
- AES (Electric Car Show)
- Chabad Center for Jewish Learning
- Citizens Climate Lobby
- Congregation Beth Shalom (planting seeds and decorating a bookmark)
- Congregation Beth-El Zedeck (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Recycle Rules)
- Crossroads of America Council, Boys Scouts of America
- Elders Climate Action
- Gen3Bio, Inc. (toy fishing)
- Girl Scouts of America (Earth Day Paper Plate craft)
- Global Gifts (fair trade items from around the world)
- Habitat Sartorial (Fashion for a cause)
- Hoosier Environmental Council
- IDEM (Indiana Department of Environmental Management) Prize wheel
- Indiana Jewish Discovery Center
- Indiana Originals (mini farmers market)
- Indianapolis Public Library Bookmobile
- Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis
- Popsie’s Pantry (bring food and non-perishable items to donate to this local pantry)
- Purdue Extension Marion County (protecting pollinators game, home composting, egg carton ladybug, mini greenhouse)
- Sea Scope (make waves)
- Shinshinim (Israeli ambassadors)
- Solar United Neighbors of Indiana (solar-powered water fountain)
- Unique Home Solutions
Earth Day at the J Sponsors
Check back next year for 2023 sponsors!