Power Yoga Classes at the JCC Indianapolis
Power yoga is a fast-paced style of yoga that’s focused on building strength and endurance. It is also an excellent form of yoga for burning calories. These vigorous class at JCC Indianapolis helps strengthen your core/back, upper body, and limbs through power flows and various posture holds.
This class is not currently offered, but may return if there is demand.
Power Yoga Benefits
- Increase in stamina: The aerobic, continuous nature of power yoga means your body will be moving and your heart pumping for the full session. It’s a great form of low-impact cardio.
- Increased strength: Power yoga is a great way to improve your strength without using traditional weights or machines. Yoga is considered a bodyweight exercise program, which means it uses your body’s resistance. It’s one of the best exercises to strengthen your core.
- Increased focus and mental awareness: Power yoga requires you to really tune in to your body so that you can focus on changing positions and hold them. You’ll be able to take that focus off the mat and into other areas of your life.
- Full Body Workout: Power yoga is a full body workout all on its own.
Who Is the Class for?
- Athletes in training who want to sharpen skills including stamina, strength, and agility.
- Men and women, ages 25-38, looking for a high-intensity, full body workout.
- Professionals, ages 25-55, with little time who want to exercise all areas of their body in one class.
Power yoga classes appeal to all ages and abilities. This class is best suited for:
What to Expect in Power Yoga
- Fast-paced, often changing poses with each breath.
- Intermediate to advanced balance poses.
- Heavily focused on strength and endurance with a light focus on stretch and
The Pescovitz Dance Studio is located in the north area of the facility.
Dress comfortably. The J has yoga mats available, but many people prefer to bring their own.
Should this class be offered again, it would be $12 per class (purchase at Welcome Desk) or $40/month for unlimited access to this and all yoga/Pilates classes.
Please note that Yoga/Pilates is a benefit of membership and is for JCC members only.
Fitness Is a Core Jewish Value
At the JCC, fitness isn’t just something we do; it’s who we are. Although exercise is not mentioned in the Torah, taking care of one’s health is. In fact, while other belief systems advocate for the healing power of prayer, Judaism encourages people to look after their health and seek counsel from medical experts. In Judaism, good health is not a goal in itself. Rather, it is a means to an end – to serve the Creator.