JumpBunch® Classes at the JCC Indianapolis
The JCC Indianapolis partners with JumpBunch® to provide movement and exercise classes for young children ages 2 to 6 (traditional JumpBunch) and 5 to 12 years old (Amazing Athletes). Movement improves kids’ fitness, builds confidence, and promotes learning. JumpBunch® classes focus on all phases of physical growth that include fine/gross motor skills, hand/eye coordination, body balance, agility, and muscle development.
Benefits for Kids
JumpBunch® is successful because kids just think it’s fun. They don’t realize how the carefully constructed, age-appropriate physical activities benefit their development.
- Eye/hand coordination.
- Fine/gross motor skills.
- Non-competitive exercise.
- For Amazing Athletes: Introductory strength training using age-appropriate weights and partner-based exercises builds stronger bones and muscles to help protect again osteoporosis and maintain good gross-motor movements.
- Color Recognition.
- Basic Mathematics.
- Counting Skills.
- Builds confidence.
- Aids in good sleep.
- Improves focus.
- Promotes healthy weight.
- Proper nutrition.
- For Amazing Athletes: Advanced stretching and conditioning activities increase cardiovascular endurance for better heart health
What to Expect
- Please note that gum, food, and candy are not allowed in the gyms.
- Children should wear leotards or a shirt and shorts, and for those with longer hair, have their hair pulled back. To ensure safety and minimize injury, please remove bows and jewelry.
To register for upcoming youth fitness classes, please visit our online registration tool.
Founder Tom Bunchman launched JumpBunch® in 1997 to bring sports to young children in a fun, engaging way. Every aspect of JumpBunch has been carefully researched and developed to be both fun and beneficial to the development of young minds and bodies. For more information, visit the JumpBunch website.
About Amazing Athletes
Amazing Athletes was founded in 2003 by Glen and Janee Henderson, fusing their love of sports with their passion for early-education. As the company continues to grow, their goal of enhancing every child’s early learning experience through meaningful physical activity continues to become a reality. For more information, visit the Amazing Athletes website.
Youth Sports Are Key to Building Community
At the JCC, we believe youth participation in sports provides nurturing, educational, and fun experiences that promote community, enhance spiritual growth, cultivate Jewish identity, and foster lifelong friendships. With early childhood education, after-school care programming, and summer camp, a large portion of our members are families looking for enrichment opportunities for their children. We focus on skills development, sports, leagues, and training for ages 3 through 16.