Adult Tennis at the JCC Indianapolis
The JCC Indianapolis Tennis program is committed to the development of players of all ages and abilities. Open to members and non-members, our program encourages tennis as a lifetime sport. We focus not only on skills and competition but also on building a community that provides a place to have fun, make friends, and enjoy the game.
Benefits of Tennis
Tennis keeps both your mind and body sharp by making sure you’re on your toes literally and figuratively. While your brain determines where to tactically aim the ball, your body follows through with sweeping arm movements to improve your range of motion and powerful leaps to tone your lower half.
Adult Tennis Programs
The JCC’s Larman Tennis Center offers both indoor and outdoor courts. Our program strives to meet the needs of all players by offering group classes, private lessons, match play, individual court rentals, and special tennis events.
Group classes at the JCC are one of our most popular offerings. There are class options for men and women of all ability levels.
Non-members are welcome in all group classes at the non-member rate.
Most groups meet weekly for 90 minutes.
Classes are divided into sessions (i.e. – fall, winter, spring, summer).
- Total session rates are based on the number of weeks per session, which can vary based on JCC closings and other scheduled breaks. The breakdown for each 90-minute Adult class is $29 / $23 JCC Members.
- Classes must be paid in full by the class start date.
- Registration fees will not be refunded after the first class.
- The JCC uses USTA National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP) level numbers and offers classes for levels 2.0 to 5.0.
- JCC professionals reserve the right to move players between groups based on ability if necessary.
- Participants in a current session get a priority registration period for the next session before open registration begins.
- To register, please use our online registration tool.
- If you are unsure if you are registered for the correct session, please contact Kim Shippy, Director of Racquet Sports at email@example.com
Work on tennis drills and get a great high-intensity aerobic workout! Be prepared to sweat: Our instructors will get you moving with heart-pumping drills and games to supplement your fitness routine.
Sessions are held on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, 8-9 a.m. Register at the Welcome Desk or use our online registration tool.
USTA Adult Tennis Leagues
The JCC offers men’s, women’s, and co-ed tennis leagues for adults looking for a little competition. U.S. Tennis Association (USTA) leagues are divided into National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP) levels and offered to ages 18+, 40+, 55+ and 65+.
USTA offers league play for NTRP levels 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, and 5.0.
For more information, contact Kim Shippy, JCC Director of Racquet Sports, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The J offers wheelchair tennis opportunities for all ages and abilities. Players may rent court time (see Tennis Court Rentals below) or participate in organized group play (usually on Sundays, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m). For more information contact Kim Shippy at email@example.com
Private Adult Tennis Lessons
A private lesson is a great way to improve a specific area of your game, no matter your level. Contact Kim Shippy at kshippy@JCCindy.org for more information regarding private lessons with Tennis Staff. Please note that a 24-hour cancellation notice will be strictly enforced.
Tennis Court Rentals
Our three three indoor courts provide excellent playing conditions with the best indirect lighting and top-notch playing surfaces.
Hourly reservations may be made at the Welcome Desk or via phone at (317) 251-9467 up to 7 days in advance. Payment is required at the time reservation is made.
Cancellations: The JCC requires a minimum of 24 hours’ notice to cancel an hourly rental without penalty. If 24 hours’ notice or more is given to the JCC, we can credit the charge to your JCC account for future use. All late cancellations and no shows will not be credited or refunded.
- 6-9 a.m. – $30 / $18 JCC Members
- 9 a.m.-Noon – $37 / $25 JCC Members
- 1-3 p.m. – $32 / $20 JCC Members
- 4-8 p.m. – $42 / $30 JCC Members
- 6-9 a.m. – $30 / $18 JCC Members
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m. – $42 / $30 JCC Members
- 4-6 p.m. – $32 / $20 JCC Members
- Permanent court time may be reserved at a discounted rate.
- Permanent court rental guarantees a court on the same day and time each week.
- For more information or to schedule your court, please contact Kim Shippy, Director of Racquet Sports, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provided at no additional cost to members.
- $5 ball machine charge for non-members.
- Please let the Welcome Desk know when you book a court that you wish to use the ball machine.
- Ball machine availability varies and is located in consideration of surrounding players.
Music is incorporated for some programs, individual/group private lessons, and special events to provide a certain experience. Music is permitted for court rentals at the discretion of the JCC.
Music selections may not include vulgarities or profanity.
Instruction, lessons, or coaching by anyone other than a JCC employee is strictly prohibited.