Together, we inspire all people to become the best version of themselves
Fitness Center Floor Staff – Part Time
At JCC Indianapolis, our mission is to provide inclusive experiences that lead to personal growth and community building. We embrace and serve a diverse community, bringing together the best of multiple generations, cultures, religions, skillsets and thinking. We also know that the more inclusive we are, the better our community will be. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that the JCC can be anyone’s community.
We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
About the Opportunity
The Fitness Center Floor Staff greet and assist members and guests and keep the Fitness Center in tip top shape throughout the day by continually cleaning and monitoring the area.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide and maintain excellent customer service, including assisting all members in a safe and helpful manner on basic use of equipment and interpretation of Fitness Center policies.
- Maintain cleanliness of fitness center (vacuuming/mopping floors and areas around equipment, keeping the fitness desk clear and free of clutter, following daily equipment cleaning schedule, restocking inventories and cleaning supplies, laundering & folding hand towels).
- Monitor all activities within the Fitness Center, providing assistance to members proactively.
- Act as first responder to accidents in the fitness center.
- Provide Fitness Center orientations for members.
- Embrace and model the JCC Internal Service Standards of Respect, Gratitude, Communication, The Golden Rule, and Ownership/Accountability
What you bring to the table:
- High school diploma preferred and experience and familiarity with strength training and cardio equipment a plus.
- Strong knowledge of and certified in CPR, AED and first aid within 3 months of employment.
- Familiar with emergency procedures, capable of performing Emergency Action Plan.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to provide excellent customer service to all members, guests, visitors and co-workers.
What we offer:
- Pay rate: $13-15/hour (depending on experience)
- Free JCC membership and discounts on programs
- Great culture, great teammates, great work environment
- Free parking
It requires high mobility, standing, walking, bending and lifting. Must be able to lift and carry at least 45 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested, qualified candidates should submit their resumes to Cathleen Hamilton, Director of Fitness and Recreation, at email@example.com . Employment applications can also be completed online at JCCindy.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org