Together, we inspire all people to become the best versions of themselves
Click here to see why our teachers love working at the J!
The Twos Teacher, working with children ages 24 through 36 months, will collaborate with the twos and early preschool teaching team to create a stimulating learning environment utilizing a play-based approach. With warmth, patience and understanding, the Twos Teacher will foster social and emotional development through play experiences during group and individual learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsive to each child’s individual needs.
- Develop an emergent learning environment implementing The Creative Curriculum, Early Learning Foundations, and Sheva Center Framework.
- Plan and maintain a consistent routine and classroom management using a supportive, positive redirection approach.
- Document children’s developmental progress and interest using Remini communication platform.
- Provide care and active supervision to children and demonstrate an elevated level of responsiveness to needs as they arise maintaining a physically and emotionally safe environment for learning.
- Build a supportive relationship with families.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Related Field with at least 6 college credits in Early Childhood Education preferred; OR
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education; OR
- CDA required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an Early Childhood Education program required;
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must be CPR & First Aid Certified.
- Knowledge of child development and/or early childhood education;
- Knowledge of developmental milestones and appropriate practices;
- Knowledge of licensing regulations in a licensed childcare center;
- Knowledge of general safety rules and basic first aid;
- Ability to provide compassionate care and interaction;
- Ability to manage and balance a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work effectively in teams and individually;
- Ability to always exhibit good judgment, maturity and stability;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Actively maintains and promotes JCC customer service standards
The work environment is fast-paced and the position requires high mobility, standing, walking, bending and sitting on the floor at the child’s level. Must be able to lift and carry young children up to 50 pounds.
To apply, email your resume (cover letter optional but welcomed) to Abby at asweeney@JCCindy.org.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org