Together, we inspire all people to become the best version of themselves
Water Arthritis Instructor
The Water Arthritis Instructor’s responsibilities include providing water arthritis instruction, monitors, educates patrons on fitness and safety, and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants. The instructor will also ensure that all swimming aids and equipment are in good working order. Ultimately, an exceptional Water Arthritis Instructor should be able to communicate effectively with patrons and Director of Aquatics to ensure that all water safety rules are adhered to.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Instruct Water Arthritis classes;
- Provide information regarding pool rules and aquatic programming;
- Track and record patron punch cards for paid classes and attendance;
- Communicate with participants and Director of Aquatics as necessary;
- React appropriately in the event of an aquatic emergency;
- Report and hazards or concerns to the Director of Aquatics;
- Follow established procedures in the event of an emergency in regards to contacting security/EMT/Fire Department;
- Follow Emergency Action Plans and hit the Red Button in the case of an emergency.
Education & Experience
- Current ARC CPR/AED/First Aid certified or obtain within 6 months of employment;
- Experience with providing customer service;
- Water Arthritis or Aquatic teaching experience preferred;
- Experience working as a part of a team;
- Water Arthritis or Aquatic Fitness certification preferred.
- Professional and friendly attitude is essential;
- Commitment to always providing excellent customer service to members, guests, visitors and co-workers;
- Must be able to follow an emergency action plan;
- Must be reliable and dependable in regards to attendance and communication.
- Pool Noodles
- Lane Lines and Lane Line Wrench
- Aqua Jog Belts
- Pool Noodle Stability Bars
- Resistant Paddles and Barbells
- Red Button
- AED device
- ADA Chair
- Adjustable Floor Controls
The work environment characteristics are representative of a community center. The pace of work is variable with the possibility of multiple requests occurring simultaneously. The physical demands of the position include sitting/standing for long periods of time and lifting up to 45lbs. Work schedule will include a variety of shifts during the week and weekends.
Interested candidates should email resume and/or application to Lexi Manges at firstname.lastname@example.org.JCC Employment Application
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com