Aqua Zumba Classes at the JCC Indianapolis
FREE FOR MEMBERS
Aqua Zumba is like Zumba, except instead of on land, it is performed in water, in our Regenstrief Indoor Lap Pool at the JCC Indianapolis. It follows the principles of Zumba, including an emphasis on fitness moves and choreography set to music.
This class is not currently being offered; if you are a qualified instructor and interested in teaching Aqua Zumba at the J, email aquatics@JCCindy.org.
Appeals to Many
- Men and women ages 25 to 45 who are looking for a high-energy workout with low impact.
- Those who like to party – Aqua Zumba is essentially a dance party in the water.
- Those looking to add some fun to their weight-loss routine; you’ll burn about 350
calories each class.
Although Aqua Zumba is for all adults ages 18 and older, those who attend most often include:
Benefits of Aqua Zumba
- Heart Health: The rhythmic movements and high-paced exercises of water Zumba get your heart rate up.
- Strength Building: Water is dense and provides 12 times more resistance than air to help build, strengthen, and tone muscles.
- Weight Management: An Aqua Zumba class provides aerobic activity and resistance training while burning calories and fat to help maintain weight or aid in weight loss.
- Low Impact Water Workout: Reduced stress on joints by being suspended in water versus the impact of exercise on hard surfaces.
- Socialization: When you add music to an exercise routine, it creates a party atmosphere!
What to Expect from an Aqua Zumba Class
There is no special equipment needed for this class. You just need to arrive with your towel and wearing a swimsuit (or designated swim wear). As none of the exercises involve swimming underwater, goggles and/or a swim cap are optional for this class.
Aqua Zumba classes are free for JCC members as a benefit of membership.
Aquatics Are Central at the J
Learning to swim and aquatics are deeply rooted in Jewish values and culture. The JCC serves Jewish and non-Jewish audiences alike, as learning to swim is a universal value. Our aquatics program is integral to our community center, and we have built and maintained indoor, outdoor, competition-sized, and therapeutic pools. Our love of aquatics starts early with parent/child classes, continues with lessons for adults, and we offer arthritis and therapy classes for those well into their 90s.