(Updated Fri, Aug 16 at 2 pm) The Regenstrief INDOOR lap pool is closed to complete work that was started earlier this year. Painting was completed Aug 9 and work to replace the pool deck began the next week and is expected to be complete in the next two weeks. Pending any unforeseen circumstances, we anticipate an open date of Thu, Aug 29 in time for 5:30 am lap swimmers. Please note that since we are trying to open as soon as possible, the water may still be warming up and at first be a little cooler than we typically keep it.
As you may remember, the indoor pool was closed this past winter to replace the custom air-handling system and then to install a venting system. We chose at that time to re-open the pool before painting and replacing the pool deck was complete. Now that the outdoor lap pool is available, we are ready to begin to complete this work.
The Cohen outdoor lap pool in Eskenazi Water Park will be open past Labor Day. The exact date will be set once we know the final status of the indoor Regenstrief Pool.
We appreciate members’ patience and understanding as we work to ensure the least amount of disruption and for these final repairs to be completed as quickly as possible. Please check this webpage for updates.
We want to thank United Way of Central Indiana for covering the cost of these repairs and for allowing us to delay them to this summer and then again until our outdoor lap pool was available.
Eskenazi Water Park
The Eskenazi Water Park is Open!
The Eskenazi Water Park has different areas:
- Cohen Outdoor Competition Pool
- 300-foot Biccard Lazy River
- Two water slides
- Mordoh Zero-Depth Pool for infants and toddlers.
Eskenazi Water Park Hours
Please Note: The Eskenazi Water Park closes 30 minutes prior to the building closing to allow time for showering and changing. We close the water park whenever we hear thunder or see lightning and keep the park closed for 30 minutes after the last thunder was heard or lightning seen. Based on the time of day and radar, we make a determination whether a full closure is necessary. Please check this webpage for any closings.
|Cohen Outdoor Competition Pool||Mordoh Zero-Depth Pool||Biccard Lazy River and Slides|
|Hours Beginning Aug 15||Mon-Thu: 5:30 am-8 pm|
Fri: 5:30 am-5:30 pm
Sat-Sun: 7 am-6:30 pm
|Mon-Fri 9 am-noon|
Sat-Sun: 9 am-6:30 pm
|Sat-Sun: 11 am-6:30 pm|
|Labor Day, Mon, Sept 2||9 am-4:30 pm||9 am-4:30 pm||11 am-4:30 pm|
Backer Therapy Pool
|Adult Open Swim|
Indoor Competition Pool
(Updated Thu, July 8 at 11 am) The Regenstrief INDOOR lap pool is closed to complete work that was started earlier this year. Painting will be completed Aug 9. On Mon, Aug 12, work will begin to replace the pool deck.
|Lap Swim | At least 2 lanes reserved for laps. Please note: lap lane availability will be limited between 9 am-12:30 pm Monday-Friday during the summer when we have group swim lessons.|
|Mon-Thu||5:30 am-8 pm|
|Fri||5:30 am-5:45 pm|
|Sat & Sun||7 am-6:45 pm|
- Eskenazi Water Park boasting 389,000 gallons of water and over 71,000 square feet of play area, this complex has an attraction to keep every family member happy.
- Mordoh Zero-Depth Pool Perfect for infants and toddlers, this pool is great for splashing.
- Adolph Biccard Lazy River, A 300 ft long lazy river makes the perfect leisurely ride around the water park.
- Water Slide – Enjoy either our 150 ft flume 125 foot tube slide, a great attraction for kids and adults.
- Dan & Katy Cantor River Island – Stay cool under our umbrellas and relax on comfortable furniture next to the pool fun.
- Shirley & Herbert Backer Therapy Pool – Our “Magic pool” is great for children learning to swim and is also used for many of our adult aquatic group exercise classes.
- Alan & Linda Cohen Competition Pool – Whether you’re swimming competitively, just learning or looking to swim laps, this pool is open to all.
For Everyone’s Safety and Enjoyment
Eskenazi Water Park
- Health code requires swimmers to shower with soap before entering the pool. Swimmers must shower with soap again after using the bathrooms.
- Appropriate swim attire is required. Suits without a liner, athletic shorts or cutoffs are not permitted.
- People with open sores and contagious skin conditions are not permitted in the pools.
- People who have had diarrhea in the past two weeks may not enter the pools.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- Adults must remain within arm’s reach of children who cannot swim.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or other responsible adult at all times.
- Your safety is our lifeguards’ priority. Please follow their instructions.
- Floatation devices must be Coast Guard approved or approved by a JCC manager.
- Food is permitted in designated areas only.
- Only plastic bottles of water are allowed on the pool deck.
- Please refrain from running, rough playing, spitting, spouting water through the mouth or nose, blowing the nose or other similar behavior.
- All steps and ladders are for entering and exiting the pools only.
- The required height to ride the large slides is 48 inches. Rides will be sent one at a time by the lifeguard on duty.
Additional rules may be implemented to ensure your safety.
The JCC’s Pool Rules have been established in accordance with the Indiana State Department of Health and Marion County Health Department. Failure to comply with these rules may result in removal from the facility and possible membership suspension.