(Updated Feb 25, 2019)
The Regenstrief Natatorium’s new HVAC air circulation system has been installed and is being tested. We are in the process of cleaning the pool area. The final step is approval from the Marion County Health Department to reopen.
Please note: another closure of the pool will be scheduled for decking repairs and painting. It is anticipated that this will occur in June/July. We will communicate when we have updated information.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this process.
(Updated Feb 18, 2019) Please Note:
The new Desert Aire air conditioning/air handling system servicing the Regenstrief Competition Pool has been delivered, is on the roof and is being installed and tested (takes about 4 days)!
While testing is being conducted, we are scheduling the cleaning, painting and other repairs that need to be completed before we can re-open. We do not have a definite timeline yet for when the pool will reopen and will keep you posted as soon as we know more.
We were able to get the Backer Therapy pool heater up and running over the weekend and the temperature is at the appropriate level and holding!
We can’t thank you enough for your unbelievable patience and understanding as we work to get our pools not just up to how they were before the power outage that damaged our equipment, but better than they were before.
(Updated Feb 8, 2019)
The Regenstrief Competition Pool is closed as of Jan 9, 2019 as we await the arrival and installation of our new custom-built Desert Aire dehumidifier/air handling system. We had hoped that our temporary fix for circulating the air would suffice until the new system arrived, but it is not working effectively enough.
Following are alternate options we have arranged for our swimmers.
Butler University Health & Recreation Center (530 W 49th St, 46208)
We have confirmed reciprocity with Butler University’s Health and Recreation Center (HRC)! Simply show your JCC key fob to verify you are a JCC member.
There is no charge to JCC members. Parking is free (subject to availability) in the adjoining Hinkle Fieldhouse lot. Additional parking is available in the Sunset Avenue parking garage between 46th and 49th Streets. There is a fee associated with parking there. It accepts credit cards and there is a cash paystation.
For those who have asked, they do have towel service available.
Here are the hours:
- 6-8:30 am
- 11 am-1 pm
- 3-9 pm
- Noon-6 pm
Backer Therapy Pool Hours
After a noted decline in water temperature in the Backer Therapy Pool, we brought in specialists to look at our heater. After trying to locate the issue, we found that it was not a part that could be replaced. We are waiting for more information from our distributor as to what the timeline of the fix looks like. Information will be updated here as we know more. The water temperature is holding at the low end of the range for Arthritis Foundation guidelines.
We have reworked the Backer Therapy Pool hours of operation. Click here for a copy of the Backer Therapy Pool schedule.
Swim team practices will be at the Butler Health and Recreation Center (HRC) beginning the week of Jan 28.
As you may recall, the power outage that the JCC experienced in October knocked out our current Desert Aire system. Thanks to insurance coverage, we were able to purchase a full replacement.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to get our pools back online.
Eskenazi Water Park
Eskenazi Water Park Opens on Wed, May 23!
The Eskenazi Water Park has different areas:
- Cohen Outdoor Competition Pool
- 300-foot Biccard Lazy River
- Two water slides
- Mordoh Zero-Depth Pool for infants and toddlers.
Eskenazi Water Park Hours
Please Note: The Eskenazi Waterpark closes 30 minutes prior to the building closing to allow time for showering and changing
|Cohen Outdoor Competition Pool||Mordoh Zero-Depth Pool||Biccard Lazy River and Slides|
|Hours Beginning Aug 13||Mon-Thu: 5:30 am-8 pm|
Fri: 5:30 am-5:30 pm
Sat-Sun: 7 am-6:30 pm
|Sat-Sun Call ahead for schedule||Sat-Sun Call ahead for schedule|
Backer Therapy Pool
(Jan 25, 2019) See above for the current schedule which has been extended to accommodate the lap pool being closed.
|Adult Open Swim|
|Family Open Swim|
|Sat||11:30-1 pm in Dec | Noon- 1 pm in Jan|
Currently closed. See top of this page.
Indoor Competition Pool
|Lap Swim | At least 2 lanes reserved for laps|
|Mon-Thu||5:30 am-8 pm|
|Fri||5:30 am-5:30 pm|
|Sat & Sun||7 am-6:30 pm|
- Eskenazi Water Park boasting 389,000 gallons of water and over 71,000 square feet of play area, this complex has an attraction to keep every family member happy.
- Mordoh Zero-Depth Pool Perfect for infants and toddlers, this pool is great for splashing.
- Adolph Biccard Lazy River, A 300 ft long lazy river makes the perfect leisurely ride around the water park.
- Water Slide – Enjoy either our 150 ft flume 125 foot tube slide, a great attraction for kids and adults.
- Dan & Katy Cantor River Island – Stay cool under our umbrellas and relax on comfortable furniture next to the pool fun.
- Shirley & Herbert Backer Therapy Pool – Our “Magic pool” is great for children learning to swim and is also used for many of our adult aquatic group exercise classes.
- Alan & Linda Cohen Competition Pool – Whether you’re swimming competitively, just learning or looking to swim laps, this pool is open to all.
For Everyone’s Safety and Enjoyment
Eskenazi Water Park
- Health code requires swimmers to shower with soap before entering the pool. Swimmers must shower with soap again after using the bathrooms.
- Appropriate swim attire is required. Suits without a liner, athletic shorts or cutoffs are not permitted.
- People with open sores and contagious skin conditions are not permitted in the pools.
- People who have had diarrhea in the past two weeks may not enter the pools.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- Adults must remain within arm’s reach of children who cannot swim.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or other responsible adult at all times.
- Your safety is our lifeguards’ priority. Please follow their instructions.
- Floatation devices must be Coast Guard approved or approved by a JCC manager.
- Food is permitted in designated areas only.
- Only plastic bottles of water are allowed on the pool deck.
- Please refrain from running, rough playing, spitting, spouting water through the mouth or nose, blowing the nose or other similar behavior.
- All steps and ladders are for entering and exiting the pools only.
- The required height to ride the large slides is 48 inches. Rides will be sent one at a time by the lifeguard on duty.
Additional rules may be implemented to ensure your safety.
The JCC’s Pool Rules have been established in accordance with the Indiana State Department of Health and Marion County Health Department. Failure to comply with these rules may result in removal from the facility and possible membership suspension.