To get alerts sent directly to your phone, text to 81010 and in the message box, type @jccaqua and you will be subscribed. For the prompts, select “S” for student. Text @LEAVE to unsubscribe.
To receive pool alerts in your inbox email aquatics@JCCindy.org and ask to be added to the eBlast notifications.
Reservations are NOT needed for members to access open swim or Regenstrief Indoor Lap Pool water fitness classes.
However, reservations ARE NEEDED for lap swim in the Regenstrief Indoor Lap Pool (maximum capacity of 37 people at any one time) and for Backer Therapy Pool (maximum capacity of 10 people at any one time. This includes the lifeguard, instructors, coaches and those on the deck).
Sign-ups become available 48 hours in advance of each time slot. If there is a time slot that appears to be missing, it is because that time is not yet available.
Water fitness equipment will be available. Class participants must disinfect equipment before and after their class.
Backer Therapy Pool
OPEN as of Wed, Nov 11. Water aerobics classes have resumed with social distancing. Maximum capacity is 10 people (including the lifeguard and instructor).
To ensure you have a spot in the Backer Therapy Pool, please begin to reserve your spot in classes in the Backer Therapy Pool which will be capped at 8 per class.
If you do not attend and don’t cancel your reservation before the start of class, you will still have a punch used on your punch card. If you do not have a punch card, the appropriate fee will be added to your JCC account.
Water aerobics classes have resumed with social distancing.
No reservations are required for water aerobics classes or open swim; however, SignUpGenius reservations are required for lap swimming. Sign-ups for lap swim become available 48 hours in advance of each time slot. If there is a time slot that appears to be missing, it is because lap swim is not available at that time.
We allow, even encourage, those from the same household to reserve 1 lap lane and share.
Eskenazi Water Park
The Eskenazi Water Park has different areas:
- Cohen Outdoor Competition Pool
- 300-foot Biccard Lazy River
- Two water slides
- Mordoh Zero-Depth Pool for infants and toddlers.
Eskenazi Water Park Hours
The Eskenazi Water Park is CLOSED for the season.
Please Note: The Eskenazi Water Park closes 30 minutes prior to the building closing to allow time for showering and changing. We close the water park whenever we hear thunder or see lightning and keep the park closed for 30 minutes after the last thunder was heard or lightning seen. Based on the time of day and radar, we make a determination whether a full closure is necessary. During the season, the Eskenazi Water Park Facebook Group will be updated with alerts.
Eskenazi Water Park boasting 389,000 gallons of water and over 71,000 square feet of play area, this complex has an attraction to keep every family member happy.
- Mordoh Zero-Depth Pool Perfect for infants and toddlers, this pool is great for splashing.
- Adolph Biccard Lazy River, A 300 ft long lazy river makes the perfect leisurely ride around the water park.
- Water Slide – Enjoy either our 150 ft flume or 125 ft tube slide, a great attraction for kids and adults.
- Dan & Katy Cantor River Island – Stay cool under our umbrellas and relax on comfortable furniture next to the pool fun.
- Shirley & Herbert Backer Therapy Pool – Our “Magic pool” is great for children learning to swim and is also used for many of our adult aquatic group exercise classes.
- Alan & Linda Cohen Competition Pool – Whether you’re swimming competitively, just learning or looking to swim laps, this pool is open to all.
For Everyone’s Safety and Enjoyment
Eskenazi Water Park
- Health code requires swimmers to shower with soap before entering the pool. Swimmers must shower with soap again after using the bathrooms.
- Appropriate swim attire is required. Suits without a liner, athletic shorts or cutoffs are not permitted.
- People with open sores and contagious skin conditions are not permitted in the pools.
- People who have had diarrhea in the past two weeks may not enter the pools.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- Adults must remain within arm’s reach of children who cannot swim.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or other responsible adult at all times.
- Your safety is our lifeguards’ priority. Please follow their instructions.
- Floatation devices must be Coast Guard approved or approved by a JCC manager.
- Food is permitted in designated areas only.
- Only plastic bottles of water are allowed on the pool deck.
- Please refrain from running, rough playing, spitting, spouting water through the mouth or nose, blowing the nose or other similar behavior.
- All steps and ladders are for entering and exiting the pools only.
- The required height to ride the large slides is 48 inches. Rides will be sent one at a time by the lifeguard on duty.
Additional rules may be implemented to ensure your safety.
The JCC’s Pool Rules have been established in accordance with the Indiana State Department of Health and Marion County Health Department. Failure to comply with these rules may result in removal from the facility and possible membership suspension.