Pickleball Courts & Leagues at the JCC Indianapolis
This paddle sport combining tennis, badminton, and ping pong has taken over the nation! The JCC Indianapolis has dedicated open play for those looking to take their first steps onto the court or improve basic playing skills, as well as occasional clinics and tournaments.
The JCC also partners with Circle City Athletics (CCA) to host two-on-two pickleball leagues on Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons (day subject to change based on gym availability and registration numbers).
Benefits of Adult and Youth Pickleball
- The small court size means the ball is in play longer (and the volleys are fast and furious), but you don’t have to move very far to hit it.
- The soft wiffle ball and solid, but lightweight, paddle combined with the game’s underhand serve ensure your arms stay fresh for the duration of play.
Pickleball is a low-impact sport, so while you’ll definitely get a workout, the potential for injury is limited. Get your aerobic exercise in without straining your muscles or putting stress on your joints.
What to Expect from Pickleball
For JCC open play, all participants ages 11+ are welcome, no matter your level of experience. CCA leagues are for ages 19+.
Pickleball is held in the Cohen (big) Gymnasium
While the gym is 6,664-square-feet (high school regulation size), an indoor pickleball court is 880 square feet – meaning multiple games can happen at once!
For open play and special hours and clinic/tournament times, please see the Gym Schedule on our Schedules page.
The Schloss (small) gym is available to members for hourly early bird rentals from 6-8 am Monday through Friday as a benefit of JCC membership. Reserve time at the Welcome Desk.
CCA two-on-two leagues run for eight weeks. See current and upcoming sessions on the CCA website.
JCC pickleball rental play time is available in the Schloss (small) gym. All fees may be paid at the Welcome Desk.
- Open play in the gym is free for members as a benefit of membership.
- Early bird play in the gym is available to members only for $30/hour Monday through Friday, 6-8 am (must rent by the hour).
- Nonmembers may drop in for pickleball open play in the gym for the JCC’s standard guest pass rate of $15 for anyone 12+ and $10 up to age 12.
- Open play on the tennis court is $8 for members, $11 (plus the guest pass fee) for nonmembers.
For CCA leagues, individuals are $78 each. Full teams may place a $73 deposit for a full price of $146. Register now on the Circle City Athletics (CCA) website.
For open play, the JCC has a set of pickleballs that are stored at the Fitness Desk (no longer at the Welcome Desk). All other equipment (paddles, etc.) is player-provided.