JCC Indianapolis is here to support you in pursuit of a healthy lifestyle. We offer a variety of fitness and training options to fit your needs.
Learn about our Policies & Behavior Standards.
JCC Services & Amenities
We offer free equipment orientations, which are recommended for all new members.
We’ll teach you how to use all of our equipment to ensure that you get a terrific, efficient, safe workout. Note | Any member under the age of 16 is required to participate in orientation before using the Fitness Center. Stop by the Fitness Center desk any time for a free orientation.
Locker Room Facilities
Children under the age of 16 are not allowed in adult locker rooms unless under the supervision of a parent. Separate boys’ and girls’ locker rooms are located next to the men’s and women’s locker rooms. Men’s and women’s locker rooms include steam, sauna, whirlpool and a massage studio.
Please bring your own lock. Forgot your lock? Don’t worry. Bring your driver’s license to the east desk and we’ll give you a lock to use for the day.
Annual Locker & Towel Rentals
Cut down on your gym bag contents and keep items in a JCC locker (limited supply). Towels are also available for rent.
Annual Locker Rental
Annual Towel Rental $70
Annual Towel/Locker Combo $140
Rentals are pro-rated monthly.
Health & Wellness Policies
Health & Wellness Policies
Fitness Center Age Policy
Under 8 Years
Children under the age of 8 are not permitted in the Mordoh Fitness Center other than in the babysitting area.
Children ages 8-12 may use FreeMotion strength training equipment, indoor track and all aerobic equipment under the supervision of a JCC staff member, parent or guardian.
Children ages 13-15 may use Life Fitness and FreeMotion strength training equipment, indoor track and all aerobic equipment in the Mordoh Fitness Center. They may exercise on their own the JCC has received a signed waiver.
Locker Room Guidelines
- Please lock all personal belongings. The JCC Indy will not be liable under any circumstances for the loss of personal effects and valuables of our members and guests. Locks are available at the East Desk for day use. Locks may not be left on lockers overnight.
- For your convenience, a limited number of small lockers are available for rent on an annual basis. Lock boxes are also available for valuables.
- Food and drink are prohibited in locker rooms.
- Separate locker rooms are available for male and female adults 16 and older and for boys and girls under the age of 16.
- Any child under 16 must have direct supervision by his/her parent/guardian to use adult locker rooms.
The following behaviors may be cause for expulsion or suspension from the JCC:
- Loud, boisterous or vulgar language and/or behavior, loitering in or about the building or grounds, or any conduct that disturbs the peace and order of the JCC will not be permitted.
- Locker rooms are intended for changing, spa use and showering only. Playing, loitering, laundering clothing, hair coloring or any other behavior not consistent with regular locker room use is not permissible.
- Bullying of any sort will not be tolerated.
- Members are accountable for the behavior of their guests at all times. Guests shall be held accountable to the same standards of behavior as members.
The JCC is accessible to individuals with mobility impairments or other physical limitations. Special facilities include designated parking spaces, automatic doors at the Fitness Center and indoor and outdoor pools, wheelchair access, elevator, and accessible restrooms, locker rooms, telephones and drinking fountains.
Don’t forget to carry your membership card with you when visiting other cities! If you travel outside Indianapolis, most of the more than 275 JCCs across North America will honor your JCC membership for a limited period of time. We extend the same courtesy to out-of-town guests when they present a valid JCC membership card. Members, if you have family who are members in good standing at another JCC, they are welcome here at no charge.
For those guests without a JCC membership card, prior arrangement must be made with the membership director. Special rates for extended visits may apply.
There is a $25 charge on all returned checks, insufficient funds and credit card denials. Continued unsuccessful debits will result in cancellation of JCC membership.
Registering for Programs
- Register in person, by phone, mail, fax or online. Be sure to include class code when registering
- The entire class fee must be paid at the time of registration. In the case of fax registration, please include the account number and expiration date for MasterCard, VISA, Discover or American Express and your signature.
- Waiting lists will be created if a class becomes filled. Where possible, another class will be organized.
- When a class is offered on the 2nd day of a festival holiday, the class fee can be prorated for those who are unable to attend, or a makeup class may be taken.
- Please inform us: Is there any information regarding your/your child’s condition that we should know so that we can enhance your experience at the JCC?
Additional fees are charged for classes, workshops, services and programs for which an instructor or provider is required. Fees and services are subject to change.
If the JCC cancels a class due to insufficient enrollment, the entire class fee will be applied to open charges on your account or refunded if there is no outstanding balance. No refunds will be made after classes have begun.
- Childcare and After School Care are open as long as the building is open.
- Meeting and/or program cancellations are posted on the JCC website and social media sites and announced on TV channels 6, 8, 13 and 59. Cancellations can also be heard by calling 251-9467, ext. 140.
- Whenever possible, all classes and activities are made up at the end of the session. No announcement will be made if the regular schedule is to be followed.
Please park in designated areas only. Do not park along perimeter roads, such as the road by the tennis courts, soccer fields and the camp drop- off area. Do not park along east and west curbs or in spaces marked “Reserved.” Handicap spaces are available in both the east and west parking lots.
The JCC employs Marion County Reserve Sheriffs for your security and safety. Report any suspicious behavior to one of our sheriffs.
The 15-mph speed limit on campus is strictly enforced! Rollerblading and skateboarding are not allowed on the JCC campus.
- Membership payment may be made with the JCC’s EZ Automatic Monthly Debit Plan with 12 equal bank debits or charges to your credit card. Payment may also be made in advance by check or credit card. We cannot bill you for your membership or accept monthly checks.
- A one-time enrollment fee of $300 (paid in advance or with EZ payment) is required for all memberships. For those on the EZ Automatic Monthly Debit Plan, this one-time fee will result in an additional debit of $25/mo for the first year.
- For new memberships, there is also a join fee of $99 due at the time of joining.
- If there is is a lapse in membership, a re-join fee will be charged at $99. Membership is for a minimum of 12 months with the exception of a summer membership.
- A fee of $25 will be charged on all returned checks, insufficient funds and credit card denials. Continued unsuccessful debits will result in membership cancellation. Dues are subject to change at any time.
- Membership is neither refundable nor transferable. Refunds cannot be issued for non-usage of facilities.
- Written cancellation is required to cancel a membership under the payment option plan and must be received 30 days prior to the first day of the month of desired cancellation date.