Looking Forward to Spring at the JCC
As an unseasonably warm February draws to a close, our staff at the JCC Indianapolis is looking forward to spring! As always, the JCC community center is chock full of events and activities to keep you and your family busy and active all year round. Read on to learn about our February events as well as a few things to look for as spring rolls in.
February Programs and Events
If you’re new to the JCC Indianapolis, you won’t believe all of the unique classes and events we offer. We have a new Cardio Dance class on Mondays as well as a new HIIT and strength class on Thursdays. Visit our schedule page to see more class information including class descriptions, prices, and times.
Camp Registration Day
Another program we look forward to every year at the JCC is summer camp! Registration for this summer opens on Sunday, March 5th, so mark your calendars and start planning which camps you’d like your kids to attend this year. For kids in grades K-8, we have several offerings:
- Free swim lessons for day campers in grades K-3 are included as part of their camp day. Older campers have free swim time.
- Younger campers get to participate in adventures and friendship-building through games, nature, and science studies.
- Campers in grades 2-6 get to explore and develop special interests.
- Our oldest campers have more autonomy and choice from a selection of activities.
- Campers with special interests such as tennis and equestrian camp can choose those sports camps.
Finally, seasonal employment opportunities in a variety of fields are available at the JCC Indianapolis for qualified, customer-focused individuals. Teens ages 16 and up are needed for summer day camp counselors, lifeguards for our Eskenazi Water Park, tennis camp counselors, swim instructors, water slide attendants, and food service staff for our water park café. Check out our website for more information or to apply.
The JCC has been an Indianapolis staple for more than 100 years and welcomes people of all backgrounds, faiths, and generations. Learn more about the JCC program schedules on our website or contact us at (317) 251-9467.