Earth Day at the JCC Indianapolis
Join JCC Indianapolis on the front lawn and parking lot of the Max and Mae Simon Jewish Community Campus for Earth Day at the J on Sunday, May 19, 2024 from 1-4 pm. Rain or shine; pets on leashes are welcome! Please note that our celebration is not on the nationally designated day of April 22.
This free Earth Day festival is made possible with support from AES Indiana, Citizens Energy Group, and many others who share the common goal of protecting the earth and its resources. Participating organizations share the Earth Day belief that sustainability is the path to prosperity.
2024 Event Highlights
- All your favorite earth-friendly organizations will be here with interactive demonstrations and hands-on Earth Day activities centered around sustainability and going green.
- Arts with a Purpose will have hands-on visual activities for children of all ages.
- Farmers Market by Indiana Owned
- Food trucks and beer garden, along with the J Cafe supplying kosher food.
All Together Now!
More than 5,000 people of all backgrounds and faiths are expected to stop by and celebrate sustainability and going green. Now is the time for the unstoppable courage to preserve and protect our health, our families, and our livelihoods by investing in our planet. The event is FREE.
Sustainability Is a Core Value
A core Jewish value is tikkun olam, Hebrew for repairing the earth or making the world a better place. It is a natural fit for the JCC to celebrate this day as its signature event for the Indianapolis community.
Parking is available onsite at the JCC. The event is in front (west). And there will be ample parking available in back (east).
2024 Organizations On-Site
- 80 Acre Farm (learn about the farm through touch and taste)
- Alpha Chi Sigma
- Arts with a Purpose
- Carmel Clay Parks (animal skins and model skulls of native animals to Indiana)
- CCA Sports (Circle City Athletics – Bozo Bucket game to win flower seed packets)
- Chiro One Wellness Center
- CIRTA/Commuter Connect (toy cars and trucks)
- Citizens Climate Lobby
- Congregation Beth Shalom (plant-a-seed Earth Day bookmarks)
- Eskenazi Health Center
- Girl Scouts of Central Indiana (hands-on activities from environmental curriculum; Girl Scouts can earn a badge!)
- Grassroot Projects (create cards with kind words)
- Illuminate ABA Therapy (upcycle craft – egg carton caterpillar)
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management (Indy’s E-cycle program)
- Indiana Diaper Bank
- Indiana Owned (mini farmers market)
- Indiana Park Alliance
- Indianapolis Public Library Bookmobile
- JumpBunch (obstacle course)
- Kiwanis Club (mindfulness)
- Mud Creek Conservancy
- Nine13sports (stationary bikes video game)
- PJ Library
- SeaScope (The Earth is Blue kids trivia game)
- The Dirt Bar
- The Music Playhouse
- Unique Home Solutions
- Watercolor Society of Indiana (paint a bookmark)
- Wildergarden, Inc.
2023 Earth Day at the J Sponsors
Renny and Greg Silver
Norle Investments, Inc.
Ally Weiss and Seth Mihlfeld
Emily and Andrew Hawickhors
Chelsea and Alex Cantu
Diane and John Abrams
Ellen and Brian Modiano
Gigi and Art Felsher
Helen and Asaf Goldstein
Jamie and Jason Rich
Jennifer and Jeff Cohen
Jody and Sheldon Hirst
Judy and Kent Newton
Karen and Mike Rothbaum
Kathleen and Ben Grande
Katy and Dan Cantor
Leslie and Mike Rubin
Linda and Jon Abels
Linda and Bruce Frank
Marina and Leo Grabovsky
Marjorie and Tim Maginn
Mary and Mark Grove
Michelle and Offer Korin
Nancy and Brad Bell
Nancy and Gary Koppel
Rita and Keith Pitzele
Robin and Rick Weiss
Sarah and Eric Ratner
Shelley and Marshall Kahn
Susan Jacobs and David Kleiman
Sponsors as of Apr 11, 2023