The health and safety of our members, guests and staff is our top priority. In accordance with governmental orders and guidelines, we are pleased to share our plan for reopening the J, including precautions such as extensive cleaning protocols and social distancing practices. We will be operating in compliance with all local and state mandates, CDC guidelines, and safe play guidelines by industry organizations, e.g., USTA.
- Employees and members ages 65 and older and at high risk are urged to use caution and limit their exposure in the community.
- All employees will continue to work remotely whenever possible.
- All residents should wear face coverings in public.
- Social gatherings may be permitted up to 100 people (Mayor Hogsett has asked for no more than 25).
To allow for extra cleaning, the J will be open:
Mon-Thu: 7 am-7 pm
Fri-Sun: 7 am-5 pm
J Cafe will be open for carryout only:
Mon-Thu: 12:30-4:30 pm
Fri-Sun: Noon-4 pm
- Members only. During Stage 3, no guest passes will be sold.
- Credit card only. No cash transactions.
- The following services will be available at a later stage; they are NOT available in Stage 3.
- Towel service
- The babysitting room
- Vending machines
- Water fountains (Members are encouraged to bring their own water bottles)
- Rentals and birthday parties
Health and Safety Protocols
- Members and staff will be required to pass a health screening and temperature check before entering.
- Those who have been sick within the past 48 hours will not be allowed in.
- Members and staff will be required to wear masks when in public areas of the building.
- Floor decals marking 6′ lengths will be placed to reinforce social distancing.
The JCC will be using a comprehensive approach to cleaning and sanitation protocols to allow for proper disinfection. All staff will be trained on new cleaning protocols and the hours of the facility have been adjusted to allow for deep cleaning each night.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the facility.
- All staff will be required to attend in-service training dedicated to new procedures prior to the JCC re-opening.
- Members will be required to wipe down the equipment after each use.
- The J has contracted with a cleaning services company to disinfect areas throughout the building each night after close.
At this time, Mordoh Fitness Center babysitting remains closed.
The J’s Early Childhood Education program has been operational since early April, under Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) guidelines.
CampJCC has been replaced with a new program, Summer Care at the J for K-8th Grade. Select Sports and Tennis Camps have been converted to Sports and Tennis Clinics.
- Hours are 8 am-5 pm. Extended Care is not available.
- All children must have a health form on file and pass a daily temperature check.
- Groups will consist of a maximum of 10 children and two staff. There will be no intermingling between groups.
- Sports and Tennis Clinics will emphasize skill development and non-contact competition.
- Please contact Caitlyn Mills (Summer Care), Anita Hernandez (Sports) or Kim Shippy (Tennis) for more information.
- Date open: Expected June 1 (pending mayor’s approval)
- Masks: Required
- Members will enter the facility through Door #5 in a single-file line. One side of the entrance is for entry only and the other for exit only. Please expect possible delays at peak times.
- Monetary transactions must be made by credit card (no cash, to minimize touching).
Mordoh Fitness Center
- Date open: Expected June 1 (pending mayor’s approval)
- Masks: Required except for Group Ex and when using cardio exercise machines
- 50 people for overall fitness center; 90-minute time limit. SignUpGenius registration TBA. We will publish the link once the Mayor’s office publishes a timeframe for re-opening.
- 12 people in the Group Ex studio, for classes not requiring equipment (studio will be sanitized between classes). Members must bring their own water and mats. SignUpGenius registration TBA. We will publish the link once the Mayor’s office publishes a timeframe for re-opening.
- Virtual Group Ex classes (including any senior classes) will continue. See a list at JCCindy.org/live.
- The Weiner Cycling Studio will be closed, but cycling classes will be offered in the Group Ex Studio.
- The massage studio and babysitting room will remain closed.
- Members will be required to wipe down the equipment they have used.
- Equipment has been placed six feet apart to allow for social distancing.
- Towel service and water fountains will be unavailable. Please bring your own water bottles.
- Private personal training and private/semi-private Pilates Reformer classes will resume, in compliance with social distancing.
- No gym bags will be allowed in the Mordoh Fitness Center. Please store personal items in the lockers near the Family Changing Rooms.
- Individual Family Changing Rooms are OPEN.
- The fitness restroom is OPEN.
- Girls/Women’s and Boys/Men’s Water Park Changing Rooms are OPEN.
- Adult Men’s and Adult Women’s Locker Rooms are CLOSED and expected to open in a later stage.
Eskenazi Water Park
- Date open: June 1, pending mayor’s approval.
- Masks: Required when not in the water (must be worn on the deck). Masks are not allowed in the pool or on water slide.
- Capacity: No more than 100 people throughout Stage 3.
- 90-minute time slots (water park will be closed for cleaning in between) beginning at 11 am. SignUpGenius reservation system TBA. We will publish the link once the Mayor’s office publishes a timeframe for re-opening.
- Cohen Competition Pool: 3-6 lanes reservable (time-dependent) in 50-minute time slots for lap swimming, beginning at 7 am. One person per lane. SignUpGenius reservation system TBA. We will publish the link once we get a date from the Mayor’s office.
- Deck chairs will be placed six feet apart.
- Spray features on the Biccard Lazy River and Mordoh Zero-Depth Pool will be turned off through the end of Stage 4.
- Water fountains will be unavailable.
- Outside food and drink will be permitted at a later stage. Members may order from the J Cafe (Mon-Thu 12:30-4:30 pm and Fri-Sun Noon-4 pm; tables and chairs will be monitored and sanitized after each use)
- Date open: Regenstrief Natatorium on June 1, pending mayor’s approval. The Backer Therapy Pool will open at a later stage.
- Masks: Required when not in the water (must be worn on the deck). Masks are not allowed in the pool.
- Capacity: 4 lanes reservable in the Regenstrief Natatorium lap pool. 50-minute time slots (pool will be closed for cleaning in between) beginning at 7 am. One person per lane. SignUpGenius reservation system TBA. We will publish the link once the Mayor’s office publishes a timeframe for re-opening.
- Rest of pool reserved for Private/Semi-Private swim lessons, which will resume. Group lessons and swim team will resume when social distancing is lifted.
- Seating will be unavailable.
- Date open: June 1, pending mayor’s approval
- Hours: Mon-Thu 12:30-4:30 pm, Fri-Sun Noon-4 pm
- Carry-out only (no dine-in), except for members using the Eskenazi Water Park (outdoor tables and chairs will be monitored and sanitized after each use)
- Condiments and straws are now located behind the counter
Virtual Arts & Education events will continue (see a list at JCCindy.org/live).
For events in the auditorium:
- Attendees will be requested to wear masks and participate in a health screening survey.
- Seats will be placed six feet apart.
- Tickets must be purchased by credit card (no cash, to minimize touching).
- Hand sanitizer will be available and the restrooms next to the auditorium will be open.
- No food or drink will be allowed in the auditorium.
- The auditorium carpet will be shampooed after the event.
- Youth sports leagues will resume when local and state guidelines allow.
- The Cohen and Schloss Gymnasiums will re-open after social distancing restrictions are lifted.
Tennis and Racquetball Courts
- Racquetball and Pickleball will resume at a later stage; they are not permitted during Stage 3.
- Private tennis lessons may resume.