The J’s physical doors may be closed, but we are still a community! Find resources below for pre-recorded and live-streamed events and activities for Youth (Early Childhood and School Age), Sports/Tennis, Fitness and Arts.
- Mon, May 25, Noon: Artist Sofiya Inger. Her work will be up in the JCC Art Gallery beginning June 1; virtual tour coming soon!
- Tue, May 26, Noon: Dr. Einat Wilf, author of The War of Return. FREE Zoom session hosted by JCC Association of North America. Must register in advance.
- Mon, Jun 8, 7 pm: Actor Jesse Eisenberg and director Jonathan Jakubowicz of Resistance. FREE, but must register in advance. Watch the film beforehand, and come with questions. In partnership with the Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis/JFGI NEXTGen, the Indianapolis Jewish Community Relations Council, Indiana University Hillel and CANDLES Holocaust Museum and Education Center.
- Wed, Jun 10, 7:30 pm: Robert Kolker, author of Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family. FREE Zoom session; must register in advance. Hosted by CNN journalist Holly Firfer. In partnership with the JCCs of Atlanta, Dallas, Rochester and St. Louis.
- Thu, Jun 18, 8 pm: Chris Wallace, author of Countdown 1945. FREE Zoom session; must register in advance. In partnership with the JCCs of Atlanta, Dallas, Rochester and St. Louis.
If you missed our Live broadcast, here are links to the recorded sessions:
- Poet Joy Ladin. “Refrigerator Magnets, Cut-Ups and Comfort: Poetry How-To and Reading.” For ages 10+.
- Dr. Madeline Levine, author of Ready or Not: Preparing Our Kids to Thrive in an Uncertain and Rapidly Changing World
- Craig Prater, president of Heartland Film, discussing the impact COVID-19 has had on the film festival community
- Artist Megan Jefferson, in partnership with Religion, Spirituality and the Arts, an IUPUI Arts & Humanities Institute program
- Sound artist Erik Peden, in partnership with Religion, Spirituality and the Arts, an IUPUI Arts & Humanities Institute program
- Artist Kate Lenkowsky, in partnership with Religion, Spirituality and the Arts, an IUPUI Arts & Humanities Institute program
- Sarah Menkedick, author of Ordinary Insanity: Fear and the Silent Crisis of Motherhood in America
- Musician Sarah Grain
- TRUE RESILIENCE: Cultivating Courage, Connection & Compassion with Dina Varano (self-inquiry and meditation)
- Earth Day Pressed Flower Art with Lindsey DeLeroy, Public and Youth Programs Coordinator at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
- “Quarantine Soup” with Paula Shoyer, author of The Healthy Jewish Kitchen. Hosted by CNN journalist Holly Firfer. In partnership with the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta – MJCCA, the Alper JCC of Miami, and the Aaron Family JCC of Dallas.
- Musician Pat Petrus
- Jennifer Weiner, author of Big Summer. Hosted by CNN journalist Holly Firfer. In partnership with the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta – MJCCA, the Alper JCC of Miami, and the Aaron Family JCC of Dallas.
- Jason B. Rosenthal, author of My Wife Said You May Want to Marry Me
- Musician Eric Garcia
- Marlo Thomas and Phil Donahue, authors of What Makes a Marriage Last?, in conversation with Arlene and Alan Alda. Hosted by CNN journalist Holly Firfer, in partnership with the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta – MJCCA, the Alper JCC of Miami, the Aaron Family JCC of Dallas, and the Louis S. Wolk JCC of Greater Rochester.
- John Grisham, author of Camino Winds, in conversation with Frank Reiss, owner of A Cappella Books in Atlanta (GA). In partnership with A Cappella Books and the JCCs of Atlanta, Dallas, Miami (FL), Rochester (NY) and Seattle.
- Alan Zweibel, author of Laugh Lines: My Life Helping Funny People Be Funnier. In partnership with the Alper JCC of Miami, the Evelyn Rubenstein JCC of Houston and the JCC of Greater Rochester.
Check out Tennis Tuesday and “Sports of Course” Thursday drills and challenge videos on the J’s YouTube channel!
Virtual 5K at the J: Sat and Sun, May 30-31
Run, or walk, 5K on the weekend of May 30-31. Be sure to tag @JCCindianapolis on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #indyj5k so we can run the 5K together, apart.
Work out with us in the comfort of your own home. Join us in our closed group at facebook.com/groups/JCCindyfitness.
- 6:30-7:15 am | Slow Steady Strength with Lindsey (Wed only)
- 6:30-7:15 am | Circuit Bodyweight Burn with Lindsey (Fri only)
- 9 am | Piloxing with Anne
- 10 am | Family Zumba with Lindsey
- 11 am | Pilates with Heidi (Mon and Fri only)
- Noon | Yoga with Ashley Zeller
- 1 pm | Line Dancing with Jim (Mon and Wed only)
- 6:45 am | HIIT with Kylie (Tue only)
- 7 am | HIIT with Javan (Thu only)
- 10 am | Cardio for Active Adults with Jim
- 10:45 am | Pilates Yoga Fusion with Anne
- 6 pm | HIIT Cardio with Cara
- 9 am | Jump Rope with Tim
- 10:30 am | Mind and Body with Cara
- 9 am | Jump Rope with Tim
Love BodyPump and BodyAttack?
- Les Mills is offering FREE workouts at watch.lesmillsondemand.com/at-home-workouts
Teachers will be posting activities, projects and games at facebook.com/groups/JCCindyECE.
JCC On-Line Programming Across the Country
Find additional programming provided by JCCs around the country: