The J’s physical doors may be only partially open, but we are still a community! Find resources below for pre-recorded and live-streamed events and activities for Youth (Early Childhood and School Age), Sports/Tennis, Fitness and Arts.
Fill out a survey to help determine what a return to in-person JCC Arts & Education programming and experiences will look like.
Upcoming online events:
- Sun, Jan 17, 8 pm (7 pm VIP Meet & Greet for book purchasers): “Hungry Girl” Lisa Lillien cooking demo. $5 ticket only, $30 ticket+book+meet & greet. Register now.
- Mon, Jan 18, 4 pm: Soul to Soul Virtual Concert Screening (African American and Jewish music) becomes available (video on demand). $12. Register now.
- Thu, Jan 21, 7:30 pm: Comedian Lewis Black interviewed by 13-year-old Sophie Maurer. In partnership with the Kurt Vonnegut Museum & Library. $10. Register now.
- Wed, Jan 27, 8 pm: Scott Turow, author of The Last Trial. $10 ticket only, $25 ticket+paperback copy of the book. Register now.
- Thu, Feb 18, 7 pm OR Tue, Feb 23, 2 pm: Purple film screening and discussion. FREE ($10 suggested donation). Register now.
If you missed our Live broadcast, here are links to the recorded sessions:
- Poet Joy Ladin. “Refrigerator Magnets, Cut-Ups and Comfort: Poetry How-To and Reading.” For ages 10+.
- Dr. Madeline Levine, author of Ready or Not: Preparing Our Kids to Thrive in an Uncertain and Rapidly Changing World
- Craig Prater, president of Heartland Film, discussing the impact COVID-19 has had on the film festival community
- Artist Megan Jefferson, in partnership with Religion, Spirituality and the Arts, an IUPUI Arts & Humanities Institute program
- Sound artist Erik Peden, in partnership with Religion, Spirituality and the Arts, an IUPUI Arts & Humanities Institute program
- Artist Kate Lenkowsky, in partnership with Religion, Spirituality and the Arts, an IUPUI Arts & Humanities Institute program
- Sarah Menkedick, author of Ordinary Insanity: Fear and the Silent Crisis of Motherhood in America
- Musician Sarah Grain
- TRUE RESILIENCE: Cultivating Courage, Connection & Compassion with Dina Varano (self-inquiry and meditation)
- Earth Day Pressed Flower Art with Lindsey DeLeroy, Public and Youth Programs Coordinator at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
- “Quarantine Soup” with Paula Shoyer, author of The Healthy Jewish Kitchen. Hosted by CNN journalist Holly Firfer. In partnership with the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta – MJCCA, the Alper JCC of Miami, and the Aaron Family JCC of Dallas.
- Musician Pat Petrus
- Jennifer Weiner, author of Big Summer. Hosted by CNN journalist Holly Firfer. In partnership with the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta – MJCCA, the Alper JCC of Miami, and the Aaron Family JCC of Dallas.
- Jason B. Rosenthal, author of My Wife Said You May Want to Marry Me
- Musician Eric Garcia
- Marlo Thomas and Phil Donahue, authors of What Makes a Marriage Last?, in conversation with Arlene and Alan Alda. Hosted by CNN journalist Holly Firfer, in partnership with the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta – MJCCA, the Alper JCC of Miami, the Aaron Family JCC of Dallas, and the Louis S. Wolk JCC of Greater Rochester.
- John Grisham, author of Camino Winds, in conversation with Frank Reiss, owner of A Cappella Books in Atlanta (GA). In partnership with A Cappella Books and the JCCs of Atlanta, Dallas, Miami (FL), Rochester (NY) and Seattle.
- Alan Zweibel, author of Laugh Lines: My Life Helping Funny People Be Funnier. In partnership with the Alper JCC of Miami, the Evelyn Rubenstein JCC of Houston and the JCC of Greater Rochester.
- Artist Sofiya Inger. Her work is currently up in the JCC Art Gallery; see a virtual tour from WFYI’s Jill Ditmire and purchase her work in our online gallery.
- Actor Jesse Eisenberg and director Jonathan Jakubowicz of Resistance. In partnership with the Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis/JFGI NEXTGen, the Indianapolis Jewish Community Relations Council, Indiana University Hillel and CANDLES Holocaust Museum and Education Center.
- Robert Kolker, author of Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family. Hosted by CNN journalist Holly Firfer. In partnership with the JCCs of Atlanta, Dallas, Rochester and St. Louis.
- “Protecting Athletes from Abuse: Panel Discussion of Broken Trust Documentary” with filmmaker Jill Yesko, attorney Jon Little and elite gymnast and survivor Jessica Armstrong. In partnership with Heartland Film and the St. Louis JCC.
- Chris Wallace, author of Countdown 1945. In partnership with the JCCs of Atlanta, Dallas, Rochester and St. Louis.
- Filmmaker Arielle Thomas Sabol of short film Playing for Peace (following multi-faith Israeli soccer club HaPoel Be’er Sheva), moderated by Dr. John Abrams. An Indianapolis Jewish & Israeli Film Festival event, in partnership with Dynamo FC soccer club, Heartland Film, Indianapolis Jewish Community Relations Council, JCC Indianapolis and Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis, presented with support from Gadi Boukai (Realtor/Broker, Talk to Tucker).
- “Save Yourself from Zombies, Bigfoot and Pandemics” with bestselling author and disaster preparedness expert Max Brooks (son of Mel Brooks). In partnership with Moment Magazine.
- Barry Sonnenfeld, author of Barry Sonnenfeld, Call Your Mother: Memoirs of a Neurotic Filmmaker (and director of the Addams Family and Men in Black films), in conversation with CNN journalist Holly Firfer. In partnership with the JCCs of Atlanta, Cherry Hill (NJ), Dallas, Miami, Rochester (NY) and Seattle.
- Virtual Tour of Jaffa, Israel
- Erin Brockovich, author of Superman’s Not Coming: Our National Water Crisis and What We the People Can Do About It
- Jon Meacham, author of His Truth is Marching On: John Lewis and the Power of Hope
- Jeffrey Rosen, author of Conversations with RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Life, Love, Liberty and Law, in conversation with Dahlia Lithwick. A Jewish Book Council program.
Check out Tennis Tuesday and “Sports of Course” Thursday drills and challenge videos on the J’s YouTube channel!
Find pre-recorded classes from our instructors to work out with us in the comfort of your own home. Join us in our closed group at facebook.com/groups/JCCindyfitness.
For the current Group Exercise schedule, visit our Schedules page.
We also offer virtual (and in-person) personal training! Contact Tammy at thopkins@JCCindy.org for more information and to schedule.
Teachers will be posting activities, projects and games at facebook.com/groups/JCCindyECE.
JCC On-Line Programming Across the Country
Find additional programming provided by JCCs around the country: