Together, we inspire all people to become the best version of themselves
The Swim Team Coach’s responsibilities include evaluating each student’s performance during swim sessions and providing feedback, completing attendance, progress, and accident reports, and ensuring that all swimming aids and equipment are in good working order. Swim Team Coach must demonstrate patience and enthusiasm and be able to motivate students to accomplish their swimming goals. Ultimately, an exceptional Swim Team Coach should be able to communicate effectively with students and ensure that all water safety rules are adhered to.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coach swim practices and swim meets
- Provide information regarding pool rules and aquatic programming;
- Communicate with swim team participants and Aquatic Director as necessary;
- React appropriately in the event of an aquatic emergency;
- Report any hazards or concerns to the Aquatics Director;
- Follow established procedures in the event of an emergency in regards to contacting security/EMT/Fire Department.
Education & Experience
- ARC CPR/AED/First Aid preferred;
- Experience with providing customer service;
- Coached swim experience or swim instructor experience preferred;
- Experience working as a part of a team.
- Professional and friendly attitude is essential;
- Commitment to always providing excellent customer service to members, guests, visitors and co-workers;
- Must be able to follow an emergency action plan;
- Must be reliable and dependable in regards to attendance and communication.
- Kick boards
- Pull buoys
- AED device
- Timing equipment
The work environment characteristics are representative of a community center. The pace of work is variable with the possibility of multiple requests occurring simultaneously. The physical demands of the position include sitting/standing for long periods of time and lifting up to 45 lbs. Work schedule will include a variety of shifts during the week and weekends, but specifically Tuesday and Thursday from 4:15-5 pm.
JCC Employment Application Email completed application to Aquatics@JCCindy.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com