Together, we inspire all people to become the best versions of themselves.
The Swim Instructor’s responsibilities include evaluating each student’s performance during swim sessions and providing feedback, completing attendance, progress, and accident reports, and ensuring that all swimming aids and equipment are in good working order. Swim Instructor must demonstrate patience and enthusiasm and be able to motivate students to accomplish their swimming goals. Ultimately, an exceptional Swim Instructor should be able to communicate effectively with students and ensure that all water safety rules are adhered to.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule and instruct swim lessons;
- Provide information regarding pool rules and aquatic programming;
- Assist swim lesson participants in the scheduling program, Daxko;
- Communicate with swim lesson participants and Aquatic Director as necessary;
- React appropriately in the event of an aquatic emergency;
- Report and hazards or concerns to the Aquatics Director;
- Follow established procedures in the event of an emergency in regards to contacting security/EMT/Fire Department.
Education & Experience
- ARC CPR/AED/First Aid preferred;
- Experience with providing customer service;
- Coached swim experience or swim instructor experience preferred;
- Experience working as a part of a team.
- Professional and friendly attitude is essential;
- Commitment to always providing excellent customer service to members, guests, visitors and co-workers;
- Must be able to follow an emergency action plan;
- Must be reliable and dependable in regards to attendance and communication.
- Kick boards
- Diving sticks
- Pool Noodles
- AED device
The work environment characteristics are representative of a community center. The pace of work is variable with the possibility of multiple requests occurring simultaneously. The physical demands of the position include sitting/standing for long periods of time and lifting up to 45 lbs. Work schedule will include a variety of shifts during the week and weekends.
Email interest and resume to rschuldt@JCCindy.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com