Website JCCindianapolis JCC Indianapolis
Together, we inspire all people to become the best version of themselves.
Through education, motivation, and leadership, the personal trainer assists member-clients in establishing and reaching their fitness/wellness goals. The personal trainer contributes to the overall success of the Fitness Center by embodying the mission, vision and values of the JCC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides guidance in proper exercise technique and variations of exercises to meet goals;
- Assists member-clients in establishing effective fitness/wellness goals and develops the most effective training plan to achieve those goals;
- Offers accurate and up-to-date information and advice on fitness;
- Motivates clients and serves as a training partner;
- Maintains a safe and clean exercise environment within the JCC Fitness Center;
- Follows all quality assurance and other policies and procedures of the Fitness Center;
- Maintains all required certifications;
- Have a willingness and ability to “sell” fitness/personal training
- Must attend required meetings and training sessions
- Must possess an understanding of and ability to communicate and articulate JCC policies and procedures with members;
- Serves as an ambassador for the JCC;
- Presents and maintains a professional appearance and demeanor, including wearing appropriate attire and exhibiting respect and enthusiasm as duties and responsibilities are carried out;
- Provides exemplary and courteous service to all staff and patrons;
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts to accommodate members training schedules
- Personal training certified with ACSM, ACE or NASM
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- CPR, AED and First Aid certification
- Strong knowledge of exercise physiology, kinesiology and anatomy;
- Full understanding of all exercise equipment and proper operations;
- Knowledge of injury prevention and rehabilitation;
- Good communication skills and ability to instruct and teach;
- Work independently with minimal supervision;
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of members;
- Sport specific knowledge a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, reach with hands and arms; life and/or move up to 50 pounds; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job requires standing for long periods of time and demonstration of proper exercise technique and ability and the physical ability to move up to 100 pounds. Trainers must be able to spot clients executing an exercise and be physically capable of assisting them or complete the execution for them if they are unable to complete the exercise.
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Email completed application to CHamilton@JCCindy.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com