Together, we inspire all people to become the best versions of themselves.
Click here to see why our teachers love working at the J!
The infant teacher is responsible for providing a loving and nurturing environment and developing and implementing activities which promote stimulation, learning, and fun. The infant teacher must be able to work with children ages 6 weeks-18 months.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and orderly and safe classroom environment;
- Creates a loving, warm and nurturing environment for the children;
- Actively participates in all activities with children;
- Developing lesson plans and activities;
- Interaction to provide stimulus, growth and development;
- Maintaining accurate daily records and reports for each child;
- Communicating with parent/guardian;
- Any additional duties as assigned by management.
- CDA certification;
- Associate degree in Early Childhood Education;
- Or Bachelor’s degree with at least 6 hrs of child development or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of infant childcare experience required;
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must be CPR & First Aid Certified.
- Knowledge of infant/child development and/or early childhood education.
- Knowledge of licensing regulations in a Licensed Child Care Center;
- Knowledge of general safety rules and basic first aid;
- Ability to provide compassionate care and interaction;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in teams and individually;
- Ability to always exhibit good judgment, maturity and stability.
- General office equipment (copier, computer, telephone)
The work environment can be fast paced and the position requires high mobility, standing walking, bending and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry children up to 40 pounds.
To apply, email your resume (cover letter optional but welcomed) to Erica at ejohnson@JCCindy.org.