Together, we inspire all people to become the best version of themselves
Group Exercise Instructor
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR POSITION SUMMARY:
Conduct population-specific group exercise classes in a safe and positive manner; provide leadership and motivation to assist class participants in setting and reaching their fitness goals. Lead with enthusiasm and create a fun atmosphere!
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a fun and safe environment for class participants
- Promote knowledge of techniques and make and demonstrate modifications
- Teach class with energy and enthusiasm
- Keep accurate class attendance records
- Update music and choreography on a regular basis
- Start and end the class on time
- Learn and carry out all quality assurance operations, policies and procedures of the fitness center
- Help maintain a safe and clean exercise environment
- Find substitute teacher if unable to teach class
- Attend all required staff meetings
- Greet members and answer questions
- Become knowledgeable about other classes and services that the JCC offers
- Introduce yourself to class and learn the names of regular participants
- Complete accident and incident reports as needed
- Current Group Fitness Certification
- Current CPR, AED and first aid certification
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Full understanding of exercise equipment and proper operations.
- Knowledge of injury prevention.
- Good communication skills; ability to instruct and teach.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exercise equipment
- Various fitness equipment as appropriate for class
Job requires standing, lifting, jumping, stretching, bending and squatting for long periods of time and demonstrate proper technique. Ability to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
Interested candidates should email resume and/or application to Cathleen Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JCC Employment Application
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com