Together, we inspire all people to become the best versions of themselves.
Click here to see why our teachers love working at the J!
At JCC Indianapolis, our mission is to provide inclusive experiences that lead to personal growth and community building. We embrace and serve a diverse community, bringing together the best of multiple generations, cultures, religions, skillsets and thinking. We also know that the more inclusive we are, the better our community will be. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that the JCC can be anyone’s community.
We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Early Childhood Education (ECE) – Toddler Teacher (full-time)
About the Opportunity:
The Toddler Teacher, working with children ages 12 through 24 months, will collaborate with the toddler teaching team to create a safe and loving environment. With warmth, patience and understanding, the Toddler Teacher will foster social and emotional development through play experiences during group and individual learning.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsive to each child’s individual needs and develop supportive relationships with families;
- Develop an emergent learning environment implementing The Creative Curriculum, Early Learning Foundations, and Sheva Center Framework.
- Plan and maintain a consistent routine and classroom management using a supportive, positive redirection approach.
- Maintain accurate daily records and document children’s developmental progress and interest using Remini communication platform.
- Provide care and active supervision to children and demonstrate an elevated level of responsiveness to needs as they arise maintaining a physically and emotionally safe environment for learning.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Related Field with at least 6 college credits in Early Childhood Education preferred; OR
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education; OR
- CDA required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an Early Childhood Education program required;
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must be CPR & First Aid Certified.
What we offer:
- Pay rate: $15-$18/hour (depending upon experience)
- PTO (including paid national & Jewish holidays, vacation and personal/sick time)
- Health & wellness benefits
- 401(k) matching contributions and JCC paid life and long- and short-term disability insurance
- JCC membership & discounts on programs and services
- Professional development opportunities
- Great culture, great teammates, great work environment
- Beautiful campus on 43 acres
The work environment is fast-paced and the position requires high mobility, standing, walking, bending and sitting on the floor at the child’s level. Must be able to lift and carry young children up to 50 pounds.
Email your resume (cover letter optional but welcomed) to Abby at asweeney@JCCindy.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com