Together, we inspire all people to become the best versions of themselves.
At JCC Indianapolis, our mission is to provide inclusive experiences that lead to personal growth and community building. We embrace and serve a diverse community, bringing together the best of multiple generations, cultures, religions, skillsets and thinking. We also know that the more inclusive we are, the better our community will be. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that the JCC can be anyone’s community.
We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Camp Counselor (Summer/Seasonal/Temporary)
About the Opportunity:
The JCC is seeking energetic, responsible Counselors to provide a safe and memorable experience for our children and their families. The most successful candidates have never-ending patience, a genuine desire to work with children and a passion for summer programming. We encourage teachers, graduate and undergraduate students and 11th/12th grade high school students who have a desire for ‘endless summer’ fun to apply! Note that this position requires a commitment for the entire season of June 5th – July 28th (plus orientation).
What you’ll be doing:
- Play an integral role in assuming that CampJCC offers a warm, welcoming and inclusive environment for all campers
- Create and foster a positive and encourage atmosphere and guide campers in their personal growth and skill development
- Plan and schedule a variety of enrichment activities for campers each day
- Collaborate with co-counselors and specialist counselors
- Maintain high standards of health and safety for campers and staff
- Communicate effectively with campers and leadership
- Be a role model to campers in attitude and behavior
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 1-2 years work-related experience preferred
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- CPR/First Aid certification required
- Solid understanding of Jewish customs or traditions or the willingness to learn
- Proven ability to use good judgement in all situations
What we offer:
- Pay rate of $12-13/hour (depending upon experience)
- Dates: Orientation takes place in May, Camp runs 6/5/2023 – 7/28/2023
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 AM-5 PM
- Free JCC membership which includes access to a state-of-the art fitness facility, and water park
- Great work environment on 42 acres of beautiful, wooded grounds
- The opportunity to do mission-driven work and create ‘happy campers’ every day
- The work environment is fast-paced and requires high mobility, standing, walking (sometimes on uneven terrain), bending, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling (to be eye-level with a child). Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds. Must have the visual, auditory and verbal ability to observe campers and counselors and respond to appropriately and effectively in the event of an emergency.
If this opportunity sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you! Learn more about the JCC at We Are The J – JCC Indianapolis (jccindy.org). To apply, email your resume to Myranda at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com